• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Forum Questions

Started by Highrise99, June 18, 2010, 06:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highrise99

Forum Questions

I have a few questions related to the forums:  I tried asking them in my threds, as the questions were [inspired] by them, but, as no one seems to be browsing my forums, 0 hours, 0 minutes, and 0 seconds a day, anymore, except me, I had to come here, where hopefully, I will have a better chance of getting my questions answered. :(

THREADS

In the Ellyptical Plaza page, I started wondering how to upload the frame.*  I knew starting a candidacy thread to upload the frame and similar files, i.e. Alpha, would be completely pointless, as I will only request to upload the [polished] BAT, and future projects.  I was browsing the RHW thread and I saw an attachement.  Was it a file somewhere else, hosted on the web, or, can you directly attach a file?  If so, how?

POLLS

I also am wondering how to set up a new poll within my current thread.  If it is important, It is the Ellyptical Plaza page in the BAT Showcase.  I look at the top, and bottom, of the page, and I just don't see the option.  Is it that this is restricted to certain members and only open to the public in certain areas, if so, where?, or is something going wrong?

HIERARCHY

Finally, I am wondering about the [hierarchy] of SC4D.  When I first joined the forums, I noticed I was an inhabitant.  About a week later, also the time that I posted my second thread, I was [upgraded] to a citizen.  How does this process work?  Is it time based or thread based?

xxdita

I don't understand what you mean by the frame, so I'm not quite certain what sort of file you would need to attach? Attachments are limited in size, so there's no way you'd be able to attach a model file in your thread. Your best bet to get any constructive criticisms would be to get pictures of the work in progress, and use a photo-hosting site such as photobucket.com to host these images offsite, then post them in your thread.

Other than that, file attachment and polls are reserved for members in certain user groups. It's probably best to just ask the question you want to in your thread and let people respond to it in kind. But if you feel you really need a poll, then you should PM one of our Admins, and explain to them, in detail, why.

Highrise99

Quote from: xxdita on June 18, 2010, 07:12:30 PM
I don't understand what you mean by the frame, so I'm not quite certain what sort of file you would need to attach? Attachments are limited in size, so there's no way you'd be able to attach a model file in your thread.
Thank you.  The frame is a model file, so unfortunately, long with all the other release dates, except the public one, I will not be able to upload it.  However, I do know how to upload images and media to ImageShack.

Quote from: xxdita on June 18, 2010, 07:12:30 PM
Other than that, file attachment and polls are reserved for members in certain user groups. It's probably best to just ask the question you want to in your thread and let people respond to it in kind. But if you feel you really need a poll, then you should PM one of our Admins, and explain to them, in detail, why.
Thank you.  I will do just that, ask the question in my thread, but is there any [public thread place]?

xxdita

Why would you want to upload an unfinished file? A picture is enough to get input as the project goes along.

The Citizen/Inhabitant hierarchy as you call it is strictly based on post count. This thread will give you the breakdown of the standard member labels.