• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

Welcome to the Double-0 Club, jayo...

Okay, so I had a few more spare minutes...

...Multitasking, Robin.  Multitasking...

(a really tolerant boss doesn't hurt, either)

I LOTted up the fall and winter variants of c.p.'s previous seasonal tree set.

New Fall

Old Fall

Our friend did a beautiful job toning down the colors.  The extra trees are certainly very much appreciated as well.  That said, I'm going to figure out a way to retain several of the old trees, as I have seen every single one of them while leaf-peeping [linkie].

New Winter

Old Winter

More winter variety from the master.  Thanks again for the tip, jayo!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Giligone

Nice trees. Although, I cant figure why the douglas fir tree changes colour... its an evergreen! haha  :-[

EDITActually, my friend, that's not (at least according to c.p.) a Doug Fir- it's a larch, also known as a tamarack [linkie].  We have a few up here, and there were a ton in the northern Adirondacks near where I used to live. In Alaska the ones I've seen turn more orange than yellow in the fall, but the needles certainly drop off. -DE

Filasimo

great updates david, i must say those are some great looking seasonal trees!
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

mightygoose

Increased security and a disclaimer in your signature..... whats that all about david???

EDITmg, hey- The security represents an ongoing effort to insure the integrity of the LEX.  It's not really a new thing, but that change was made fairly recently.  I've had the copyright disclaimer in my sig for a while.  I use so many images, and always try to find public domain stuff when I use pictures other than my own, but one never knows. -DE
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

Your new The pictures of these trees are looking really good! :thumbsup:

EDITNot my trees, bat, my friend.  All the credit goes to c.p.- I just use them on a larger scale, perhaps, than most other folks. -DE

dedgren

Just a quickie...

I've now preserved all of c.p.'s old seasonal trees in a new dat file.  It took a long time to "bucket brigade" them out of the old prop pack in the Ilive Reader, and I'm still sorting out the TGI stuff.  c.p., if you see this, I'd love to have your thoughts on  preserving these more colorful "old" seasonal trees as a way to add bright touches (as in RL) to the new autumn scene.

The more muted colors are much more realistic, as you can see by comparing some of my old seasonal foliage shots.  I like these new colors a lot.

No problem with the other seasons, either.

Still tickin' away...

I'll try to do a collaboration "State of the Union" post in the next little bit.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

TheTeaCat

Those "muted" tree colours look much better in my opinion too.

Only 27 days to go - gosh its all come around so quick  :D :D I am looking forward to seeing the development of 3RR ;)

till the next time

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

Nice two new pictures there of not your trees, but LOTted up by you. ;)

And looking forward to more...

Pat

Just stunning David.... So much has happened and as the slogan for one famous company mmmmm mmmm mmmm I'm lovin it comes to mind here!!! I cant wait to get ahold of some your stuff....

OK I'm a tad bit confused so Linking to the lex download that is needed ain't going to happen anymore??? So for a dependent file how are we to link it?  I dunno I'm guess I'm lost lol.... Also Am I a collaborator David, if I do be I cant get in the door siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh I guess Valentines Day is my massacre lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

These seasonal trees are looking absolutely incredible, David! The shot with them intertwined with the evergreens next to the farm is stunning! Great work, my friend! Great work!

Dustin

mightygoose

nice woodland.... look forward to the address.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Giligone

Ahh, I see. Well, they certainly had me fooled. In any case, looking good. :)

jayo

That first picture made me very happy  :P LOL
Yeh-those trees are looking treelicious my friend  ()stsfd()
I'm back

dedgren

Comin' on fall...

A trial this morning- driving in now in 8"/20 cm of new snow.  I hear there's over a foot/30 cm in town.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

jayo

Thats looking wonderful dedgren  &apls Love those fields-Mas's rice fields look great as cornfields-You should try them.  :thumbsup:
I'm back

thundercrack83

Extraordinary. Simply extraordinary. The fences, the farms, the trees--I'm at a loss for words, my friend! Great job!

Oh, and good luck traversing through the snow up there!

Dustin

sebes

Man David - those seasonal pictures are gorgeous, and absolutely the best ever &apls  Thanks for taking the time to make all this and posting to all of us.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

dedgren

Thatsa lotta 5s...

Heh!  Over 5,000 page views in the last 30 days- you folks are always the greatest.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Giligone

Those are very nice looking farms! So lush and green and bountiful.  :thumbsup:

Pat

Quote from: dedgren on February 15, 2008, 01:22:34 PM
Thatsa lotta 5s...

Heh!  Over 5,000 page views in the last 30 days- you folks are always the greatest.

David

No David its not us that is great it is you!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie