• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

buzzits power project

Started by Buzzit, August 10, 2010, 02:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzit

i made a start with the first medium voltage line

tobad that it looks weird on the farm fields but  it was just a test shot :)

io_bg

Looks great. I'd suggest you though to convert your pics to jpg, this png one took me a few minutes to load :D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Lowkee33

I agree with the PNG.   I find it faster to press "print screen" and then alt-tab/paste into MSpaint.  This way the image can be saved as Jpeg in any folder you want.

I think the texture of the wires is too dark now.  I did like the original gray ones (that were too wide at far zooms).  Look at the detail level of the Farms in the picture a few posts ago.  Because we have played this game we know that those are pumpkin acres, but with detail like that do you think you could see the power lines?  Can you post a region shot?

Buzzit

Quote from: Lowkee33 on October 21, 2010, 06:55:48 AM
I agree with the PNG.   I find it faster to press "print screen" and then alt-tab/paste into MSpaint.  This way the image can be saved as Jpeg in any folder you want.

I think the texture of the wires is too dark now.  I did like the original gray ones (that were too wide at far zooms).  Look at the detail level of the Farms in the picture a few posts ago.  Because we have played this game we know that those are pumpkin acres, but with detail like that do you think you could see the power lines?  Can you post a region shot?
it still does if im correct i will make a picture anyways but for some reason this weird bug stays no matter how thin the powerlines are
to bad though! i like the new color its accually  a gray with white and black texture hehe

Buzzit

hey all

unfortunately my vacation is done and im back busy with school again so i will not update this as much as this week

now i was thinking because its going to take a hell lot of time that i upload  every pylon type as a single upload
it maybe alot of uploads but atleast ill keep you people pleased! ( i hope atleast lol.)

the only thing is how can i upload it? is only a rar file of the lot files enough?

Girafe

What a pity this work will going slowly it was very impressive and I think lot of people are waiting for these pylons.  ;)

Which concerns upload, you can make a demand in this website in order to post in the LEX, it's a little bit long and you must respect some rules (I am not sure that .rar is enough now, people like .exe however there are former uploads only with .rar so check rules of uploading).
In another way there are others websites which are less "strict" where you can post your work and .rar is enough like simtro.

Moreover you can simply host the files in a website and give the adress even if it was not common but it's the quickly method for you and for uploaders. 
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Lowkee33

In order to upload to the LEX you have include a .rar that becomes an installer, and a readme with dependencies and details (and to have the readme popup at the end of installing is good too).  You also have to go through a Scrutineering process, and that can take some time.  The upside is that your work will be given a lot of attention and in the end you will have something that everybody agrees is packaged properly and works correctly (as you want it to).

That way the LEX is a place that you can trust there are no viruses, and all of the dls will work.

Buzzit

mehh &mmm
it seems like or my bat or my pim-x or my simcity is broken
because every new model i bring in game when im about to plop the model it crashes..
anybody has an idea whats going on?

Lowkee33

Sounds like base/overlay textures on the Lot that are not in plugins.

Buzzit

Quote from: Lowkee33 on October 23, 2010, 11:00:51 AM
Sounds like base/overlay textures on the Lot that are not in plugins.
i found the cause.
It was because i deleted the 'need road' feature(i want them not asking for roads)
but now i got the bad model render thing.. one model looks redicilious! i tryed rerendering and trying to merge it into another file but nothing worked sofar but it will be allright i got some backs ups to work with! :)

Buzzit

hey just a small question but where can i find my desc files?
i only see loosedesc(wich you need to delete later on)

Lowkee33

Loosedescs are made when you drag the model to a plop-able category.  When you make the plop-able lot, PIMX will have the desc within the .Lot.  You will see two exemplars if you open your .Lot in Reader: the building exemplar (.desc) and the Lot exemplar (.lot)

Buzzit

how can i save it as a desc file then i found it but i dont know how to make one for the pack

anyways
since i know this is going to take a hell lot of time for all the packs im gonna release one pylon at a time as i mentioned before
but im also gonna do a diffrent country everytime(makes it more fun and interesting!)
more on that later!

Buzzit

hey people
just to update the stuff
im currently busy with remodeling the wires for the diagonals (and if neccesary again the corner pylons) since they won't connect (corner to corner)
and its pretty much a pain in the butt to do because i just can't get it correctly the way i want it to be >:(

but if thats finally correct than i will try to figure out how to make desc files (or how to get them in the right folder..)
and make a small package to upload to simtropolis  :thumbsup:

Girafe

Yep, uploading on both websites is a good idea, I am sure that Lowkee33 or another people could help you to submitt a good package to the scrutineers if you have difficulties.

Your work is well done and has his place inthe LEX too  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Buzzit

wel... i don't know how to make an installer &ops thats the main thing now. so i thought it would be easier to put it on stex. but if both is possible i will search for a tutorial for the installer

Girafe

Quote from: Barbyw on October 28, 2010, 11:32:44 PM
1. It is not required that the upload is in an installer although it is preferred. The ClickTeam installer is free and very easy to use.
2. SC4Tool makes Readmes very simply and by using Nvu - another free program - you can edit to add links to dependencies.
The Floraler

Lowkee33

Nvu - http://www.net2.com/nvu/download.html

I believe the installer can be found here, and a very good tutorial is found on SC4D here.

I played around with it a few days ago and after a couple of tries had something that installed to the plugin folder and popped a readme up.  Basically you are making a program that says "put that there". 

Buzzit

ok i finally have the lot files and the model files in one place
the models are now as i want them to be
the corner pylons can be connected wich eachother now aswell(wich at first couldn't)

the only thing that really confused me are those desc files i looked at the building exemplar but i dont know how to make a desc file from it

can someone please assist me with this one? after that i will look at the tutorial for the installer
and i hope to upload it tonight or the day after!

buzzit