• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Modular WIMPS-N piers?

Started by woodb3kmaster, February 25, 2011, 08:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodb3kmaster

I've been building a naval base using the SNM Navy lots, but instead of having to build very wide piers using the lots in the basic WIMPS-N set, I want to build piers that are only one cell wide but still in the same style as the piers used in the SNM Navy Specials lots. Basically, I'm looking for a modular pier set similar to Peg's OWW2 PierSet in its modularity but which visually matches the WIMPS-N lots. Looking on the LEX turned up no results for any such pier set, and a look inside the BSC MEGA Props - RT WFK N Vol01 dependency pack revealed that the pier props used in the above-linked SNM Navy Specials lots are one piece each. Does any modular pier set of the sort I'm looking for exist? If not, is it still possible to create such a set?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

sepen77

~ Sepen77

woodb3kmaster

Thanks for that link! Those sets should be useful to me; however, they don't contain any pier pieces, which is what I'm really looking for.

It's entirely possible that there just isn't a set like what I want currently in existence. I don't know if Ripptide has been around these parts recently, so it might not be possible for such a pier set to be made (unless, of course, someone can recreate the textures Ripptide used on his Navy piers). I'm still hopeful, though.

Nuclear City - 5/8

Lowkee33

Hmm, let me reference a picture you posted Re: Show us your shoreline/seaport.  Basically the lot type that we are focusing on improving is the two on the top (each with the four smallest boats).  That is a 3x3 lot right?  You want a lot that is just the pier piece?  Looking further down the picture we have the sub lot, again just that pier would be nice, correct?

Please don't take me the wrong way..
QuoteIf not, is it still possible to create such a set?

Couldn't you make a set?  Or at least the lots that you need?  The models are offset, so you would use an invisible building and the pier as a prop.  Could be as simple as a Park.  Or, if you use PIMX, drag it to the "WaterFront Eyecandy" section and it will appear in your Seaport menu.

woodb3kmaster

You kind of have the right idea. However, what I want is not one of those specific piers (or else, as you rightly said, I could just relot it myself). What I'm actually looking for is a way to make piers in the same style as those in my picture, but of any length I want, like the Peg pier set I linked to in my OP. The piers in my picture are single props of a fixed length, so they don't really suit my needs. Does that help?

Nuclear City - 5/8

Lowkee33

I get it now...  I can't say that I will make a dock that looks like this (or ever make a dock, or anything..).  However, I feel the same way about docks, and have approached Newman Inc with the same state of mind.  For this I have followed This Tutorial, but instead of using boats I use the dock models.  I haven't figured out the water to land transition yet (the Newman pieces aren't quite W2W so a bunch of work goes into making them appear to be), but you could probably make a 3 tile wide dock with the pieces that I know of in the RT set.  I prefer to add the property "LotConfigWaterCompatibilty" set to true (0x01) than use "water" tiles in LE.   

Just remember, the building is the only thing that will float on water.  If the building is too large to fit on a 1x1 tile you can make the occupant size smaller and then make the lot.

You can approach as you wish.  I will put something like this on my to-do list.