• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SG_Bus_Stops_BSC Capacities

Started by dahemac, March 17, 2011, 09:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahemac

So, I have been using a lot of RTMT lately and discovered that the current thinking is that such lots should have quite high volumes. 17,000 for road-top bus stop for instance. Then I looked at the SG Bus Stops that I have been using for years and the corresponding capacity is only 1000. I opened them in iLive reader and multiplied all the capacities by 10, so the small bus stops would be 10,000 and the large would be 30,000.

However I was directed to an excellent article http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=12522.0 that would tend to indicate that the small stops should have even higher capacities.
QuoteBus stops and stations:  17,000 for the first tile, plus 1000 for every additional tile on the lot.  Large bus stops may not have buildings as such, which is why the tile count of the lot is used.
So, SM 1x1 should be 17,000; SM 1x2: 18,000; SM 1x3: 19,000. But what about the large bus stops? They have the same lot sizes as the small bus stops, LG 1x1, LG 1x2 and LG 1x3.

What do you think?

ScottFTL

I think Z's formulas are fine regardless of the size of the bus shelter.  These capacities are designed to prevent the bug where a transit station stops working when the usage exceeds 400%.  It's a little hard to change the way we're all used to thinking about mass transit in SC4, but the capacities are basically meaningless because of their flawed implementation.

With that said, there is no harm in adding additional capacity to the larger stations - but it would only be an eye-candy capacity.