• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

3DS Max question.

Started by foskcoa4, May 22, 2011, 07:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foskcoa4

If I convert say a cylinder into a editable poly is it possible to go back later and change it back into a solid cylinder?

Far after ctrl+z can fix it.

I'm asking because I'm guessing I converted an object into an editable poly and now I'm trying to use the boolean tool to put an object into it, to make a kind of window, but the inside is hollow.

foskcoa4

I was told Zbrush may be able to do it, not that I have that program.

Aaron Graham

You can go to the modifier list and add edit poly. That's good if you want to go back to something like that. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Nijomi

All objects within 3d max are actually hollow on the inside to give your cylinder walls apply a shell modifier to it, presuming you have 3ds max 6+. :)

foskcoa4

Thank you for the responses, I noticed the modifier list the other day and i can take objects out of the list. I'm stuck on windows now. ><

I have 3DS Max 2012, still confusing to me.

Girafe

Quote from: foskcoa4 on May 25, 2011, 02:47:43 PM
Thank you for the responses, I noticed the modifier list the other day and i can take objects out of the list. I'm stuck on windows now. ><

I have 3DS Max 2012, still confusing to me.

2012 doesn't work with BAT4MAX  be careful  &mmm
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

foskcoa4

I was planning on doing the basic structure and windows in 2012, and then do all of the lighting in gmax.