• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[solved] Plugins recognized only partially

Started by Rady, May 31, 2011, 10:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rady

Good Morning everyone,

I run into a very odd problem yesterday. After I had moved my plugins folder to a new disk, it started up SC4 for the first time sonce appr.a year and disovered that only a part of my plugins is recognized by SC4, covering my city with neat little (some of them not so little ..) brown boxes. The RHW for example is displayed, highway signs are displayed, but a lot of other stuff is not. I tried the following to narrow down the problem, with no appearent success so far:

start the game with my plugins packed (DatPacker) as well as unpacked - no difference
try to figure out if a certain plugin is concerned - nope. Boxes are evenly spread over different plugins
copmpare my plugins folder with my latest backup of some three months ago: not missing anything compared to that, just a lot of new stuff added

Funny thing is that I haven't played SC4 for around a year now, and everything was working fine last time  left it. Meanwhile I just added a lot of stuff, but haven't been using that new stuff so far (since I haven't been playing). So all the brown boxes are related to stuff that I had in use already.

So this is my actual configuration:

SC4 installed on C:\Programme\Games\blah blah blah..
Plugins installed on E:\Eigene Dateien\SimCity 4\Plugins

I will try to use move my plugins backup into place later on, but am not expecting it to work then ... has anyone ever had that problem, too?
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

FrankU

Hi Rady,

Are you completely sure that you had no plugins stored in the C:\Programme\Maxis\sc4\plugins directory? You might have missed plugins from that directory when you did the moving.

Rady

hmmmm  ... never had anyone there, but one never knows ... I'll give it a check later ...

Edit: Ok, you are officially allowed to call me "Stupid" instead of "Rady" ... the one an d only problem was that Windows managed to leave one third of the files behind when copying the plugins folder to it's new location. Of course without any notice to the one sitting in front of the monitor   ???

So my advice is:if you ever think of moving your plugins folder, use a sync tool and don't only rely on windows to do this job ...  :P

If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps