• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Railway pictures

Started by MR.Y, July 08, 2011, 03:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Some pictures I found in photo-forum.net (a Bulgarian photography site), all taken by photoforce

The narrow-gauge track in the Rhodope mountains

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

those are some incredible shots! I really enjoyed the third one, with the train at the bottom, and the one uphill!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

WC_EEND

the thrid and fourth one actually look a but like model trains :P
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Skimbo

Two more pics from my side.

4020-299 at Tulln, lower Austria.

Nürnberg tram GT8N (For more VAG images visit my Lightrail Gallery!)

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

Nexis4Jersey

Some of Newer Daul Catenary-Diesel Locos , the first in North America.   NJT and AMT bought at least 50 of these beasts....they will be used on the future West Trenton , MOM network , and Lackawanna lines....since Electrification might not be doable yet for ridership reasons.

Kearny JCT...

Raritan River Bridge

Snowy Train....

New Bridge

rooker1

Ioan, those pictures are fantastic.  I really like the first one.

Corey, you always post some very interesting ones as well.  That second pic is very impressive with the steep climb to make a brige to go over the rail line.  I think I may try to reproduce something like that in game tonight.

Great pics everyone.  &apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Skimbo

Talking about NJ transit and new locos......

Yesterday night an interresting transport of a locomotive happened over here..... Starting  in the 22nd district of Vienna and heading towards germany....

Pictures say more than words.... I hope the pics are visible to not-logged in users.... LINK

Remember it from somewhere aboth?It's this one>> LINK

Nexis4Jersey

Quote from: Skimbo on October 05, 2011, 09:48:51 AM

Yesterday night an interresting transport of a locomotive happened over here..... Starting  in the 22nd district of Vienna and heading towards germany....

Pictures say more than words.... I hope the pics are visible to not-logged in users.... LINK

Yes , that would be AMT which is Montreal's Commuter Rail network , we dual purchase with them to save $$$ and they buy some of our older trains.

Skimbo

Quote from: Nexis4Jersey on October 05, 2011, 12:12:33 PM
Quote from: Skimbo on October 05, 2011, 09:48:51 AM

Yes , that would be AMT which is Montreal's Commuter Rail network , we dual purchase with them to save $$$ and they buy some of our older trains.

That's why I've posted it. I thought you might find it interresting.

Skimbo

I finished looking through the pics of my 4th railfanning trip at Nürnberg (no 2 and no3 will come later - I did not finish them yet...)

Trip: Röthenbach>U2>HBF>S1>Fürth>RB12>Alte Veste>RB12>Fürth>S1>Laufamholz>S1>HBF>U2>Nordostbhf>footway>Erlenstegen>Nürnberg Ost>HBF>U2>Röthenbach (and many stops in between)

Leavin Fürth Westvorstadt sta.

Aproaches Rehhof sta.

Near Laufamholz sta.

At Nordostbahnhof sta.

At  Erlenstegen sta.

Ludmilla!

Ostbahnhof sta.

Swordmaster

Quote from: Nexis4Jersey on October 05, 2011, 05:38:37 AM
Some of Newer Daul Catenary-Diesel Locos , the first in North America.   NJT and AMT bought at least 50 of these beasts....they will be used on the future West Trenton , MOM network , and Lackawanna lines....since Electrification might not be doable yet for ridership reasons.

Our company is considering an order of these as well. Funny to see how in the end, with the growing Bombardier dominance, we'll end up using the same engines in both North America and Europe. Who would've imagined that even a decade ago.

SC4BOY

Quote from: io_bg on October 02, 2011, 03:13:43 AM
...Bulgarian ....

I love the way this shot show how hillside towns develop ... very revealing... of course it would be hard to show that in SC4.. although one could hint at it.. :)

Nexis4Jersey

Quote from: Swordmaster on October 07, 2011, 07:05:56 PM
Quote from: Nexis4Jersey on October 05, 2011, 05:38:37 AM

Our company is considering an order of these as well. Funny to see how in the end, with the growing Bombardier dominance, we'll end up using the same engines in both North America and Europe. Who would've imagined that even a decade ago.

After 20 years of Dominance there slipping in the Northeast and Canada which where there orders come from.   The Japanese and Koreans have stuck there hands into the EMU market in Pennsylvania and Connecticut aswell as Subway cars....   Siemens has started chipped away at the Electric loco market and Signals....

Amtrak Cities Sprinter will be built between 2012-2015 and operate in the Northeastern network along with Newer cars from CAF.

Skimbo

Quote from: Nexis4Jersey on October 09, 2011, 07:38:44 AM

After 20 years of Dominance there slipping in the Northeast and Canada which where there orders come from.   The Japanese and Koreans have stuck there hands into the EMU market in Pennsylvania and Connecticut aswell as Subway cars....   Siemens has started chipped away at the Electric loco market and Signals....

Don't forget Breda from italy. MARTA QC 312 for example......

A shot from today: Timeless beauty on it's way back to Vienna. It was ten minutes too late, and so was the sunshine.

Skimbo

@Nexis: Many nice tram images!

Some more of my germany trip.....

Nbg.- Reichelsdorf

Nbg.-Steinbühl

Skimbo

I start to be surprised how many railpics I took tduring my trip, there are still more waiting to be uploaded.... here is another small selection.

Series 111

Series 423

Series 101

Series 120

Series 232

Series 403

Series 185

Series 143

Skimbo

Long time no see.

Taurus armada....

Desiros.....

Where is the fail?

Dino007

TIGR

art128

Soundtest, ahah! Nice pictures as usual, Skimbo!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog