• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

()meeting() 
WoW i just heard the best news im soooooooooo happy thank you Derry for keep going when the going gets tough and that makes you even more awsome - pat    &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

BTW welcome to your next page of Tales at Tea Time pg 6

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Evening All

Got your cuppa? Sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin this update.

Ok lets tell you whats happened. I had a problem with my pc and many files got corrupted. The only solution was a complete format of the HDD and reinstall. Of course the first order of business was SC4.

I was so frustrated :angrymore: with what had happened and after losing so much stuff I could not keep TatTT going in its present format and so I asked David to close the MD. I had to inform you as well so I did. ()sad()

The overwhelming response from everybody just goes to show what a great bunch ALL OF YOU are. People came out of the woodwork to tell me how disappointed they were and your supportive comments from my friends :thumbsup: you know who you are :D and the void it would leave in me, how could I stop it.  $%Grinno$%

So we begin again in a new region. Hand terraformed using Wouanagaine's wonderful SC4Terraformer.I am quite happy with the result. so without further ado here are a few pics of what I will be working on.

This region just has to be called SC4Devotion, as a tribute to you all ;)

Terraformer Over View

Terraformer Front View

Terraformer North View

Terraformer South View

Terraformer East View

Terraformer West View

Terraformer Region View

Rendered  shots of the region

Showing the config.

you can see where I just started but its all vanilla and subject to change
so no close ups yet $%Grinno$%

I am quite pleased with result, what do you think?

I must ask you all to be patient as I slowly replace everything. Updates may be a while but I shall do my best to keep you up to date with whats happening. ;)

Thank you all again my friends and personal replies to you all will follow shortly ;)

:satisfied:
TTC

ps: can you tell I am addicted to this game?
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Ennedi

I like this map. I think it will be an interesting region. Not very big, hills not too steep. I looked at this map for a few minutes and I think that every city tile has something interesting in it. This variety is very nice.
The main river with one side flat and other one steep and rocky can look great.

Don't hurry, we will wait  ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

thundercrack83

First, let me start by saying that I'm so glad that this MD isn't going anywhere!

Now, let me comment on the map...which looks great! I like the rivers and the mountains, it has a little bit of everything, without too much of anything. I can't wait to see how you develop it!

Pat

OoooooooOOOOOO sweeet Derry i almost called you David but umm yea as with what i was going to say
that it looks like a david map with such stunning detail!!!  Great Job and i cant wait to see the settlements
you produce on that lovely map. - your fateful friend pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Terrible news about the files, but great to hear you won't let something like that stop you. I think everyone has had their share of losses in the game (I personally have lost a sizable chunk of a very nice city by letting the bulldozer 'drag and blast' box get away from me during a period of excessive lag). What's more, even though you have put substantial effort into the smaller details of pics (see: archaeological dig), you now have the opportunity to create anew such sights and perhaps see something new/better to do with the spots. Knowing the way you have woven the story, I doubt this setback will tear it apart (it may even add to it). The preliminary shots from the terraformer/game look to provide a great space to work with. It seems to have a bit of everything. In the meantime, while the rebuilding continues, enjoy the tea, as well as the day.

wouanagaine

Very very nice terraforming TTC as well as an interesting cities layout  :thumbsup: &apls
You made the hills/moutains very realistics with the erosion drifts ( is that the correct english term ) ?

BTW :
- you can do a screenshot of the window in SC4TF using CTRL-SHIFT-S :)
- it seems you have not the latest SC4TF version or that you have a old gfx card

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

bat

Wonderful pictures of the SC4TF!! Great region! :thumbsup:

Gaston

Simply marvelous.    I like this new region.    It looks like it will be a fun one to develop.    I coastal/river flood plain has great potential.   I can see some spots that whould make some interesting agricultural developement.      Since you already have some tea, have a couple of biscuits with it. [ linkie ]

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Snaper

I'm glad to see news images  :thumbsup:

Nice start  ;)

Keenly the next  :thumbsup:

Fred_Ginger

TTC, looks like a great map to work!   &apls &apls  Enjoy yourself while catching yourself up! :thumbsup:
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

TheTeaCat

Evening All

First of all personal replies are the order of the day.

Ennedi
Thank you staying tuned. Its my first complete hand terraformed region using
Wou's terraformer and I was very happy with the result. Personally I don't like
huge regions and prefer to build smaller ones so here is my version.

thundercrack83
So am I :) and that you aren't either. I agree a lot of everything and not at the
same time. Its still really blank so have to get the creative juices flowing and
see what happens.

Patfirefghtr
OOh almost passed your tea to threestooges heehee.Thank you "but its just
something i threw together in a couple of minutes" ( hours really) To be
compared to Davids skill is a compliment indeed - thank you I am honored.
Your faithful friend.

threestooges
Its just one of those things that happen to us all, but as usual we never think
it might happen now or in the near future - well I suppose it life way of saying
"Got you again didn't I muwahahahahahaha" New canvas, new opportunities
should be fun.

Wouangaine
Very observant mon ami. yes version 10 was the last one I had backed up but
as it is not a tool I use a lot I will update at a later date. Thank you but you make
such wonderful tools for the game it is easy to achieve the results you want.

I think the correct term is erosion trails but I could be wrong.
Feel free to correct me anybody

Bat
Thank you. It was fun making it:)

Gaston
Cheers my friend. Oh and for the linkie too. Even found some of my favourite
there and have bookmarked the site for future orders :)
I love rural so lets see  eh ;)

Snaper
Cheers my friend for your support;)

Fred_Ginger
Many thanks. Should be fun sorting though 5.43 gig of zipped downloads.
Its a monumental task. have fun you say - i think I'll quit now      l
ol only joking lol

And now I suppose you like some pics?
Oh ok then I have a few to satisfy your appetite.These come from the very
Northeastern tile. Smoke has been seen drifting over the ridge but locals are
concerned the the dormant volcano may be stirring after a long slumber.

Some aerial pics taken by somebody.

This is as close as they went and so are the best shots we have. Until further
time as the site can be accessed this is all we have to go with.

Hope you enjoyed these pics from Del's Tor.

thank you all for visiting. please leave a comment all are welcome.

TheTeaCat.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

Shadow Assassin

Don't close this MD! :P

Since the title's very generic (tales at tea time), you'll have no problem starting a new region whenever you feel like it. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

bat

Ennedi

Great pictures!
Also, great snow - it has an excellent resistance to high temperatures  :P It could be very useful in ski area, maybe you could think about it?

Seriously, I like your mountains. You have choosen Very good rock mod - it makes terraforming easier and will look great also on small hills and on the riverside  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

hmmmmmm i wonder i we gonna have a biiiiiig disaster here on our hands oooh boy?
Great update as usaly Derry  ;) see ya's soon your friend pat

sebes

Derry... First you made my heart miss some beats, then you made me yell and cry, then you made me smile and be hopefull again, and that all in 5 minutes.... What kind of tea are you suggesting to cope with all these emotions  ;)

Good look with the fresh start (I am soo glad you decided to do so) and if you need any help with the plugins.... let me know. I am going through the same exercise (already for months because I like doing things slow  :D

Cheers mate. Sebes.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

TheTeaCat

Afternoon All

Lets start of by saying it a horrible wet day here in London.
In fact its so bad its raining "Cats Dog and Dogs" and clever cats
like me do not go out in it. $%Grinno$%

So I decided to do some "beautification" along the river banks.
Just a nice little stroll or bike ride along there would be very nice about now I think.

And for some quick replies ()stsfd()

Shadow Assassin: Do not worry. $%Grinno$% It is going nowhere, but onwards and upwards  ;)

Bat: Thank you as always. ;D  For your comments and support  :thumbsup:

Ennedi: Thank you.  :thumbsup: Great minds think alike ;) 
The terrain mods I use are

CP_ColumbusPlayTerrainParametersForUseWithCPT_No7TreeController SNOWCAPPED LOWER
CPT_B_OlympicBeach_Optional
CPT_C_MeadowshireCliff_Optional
CPT_No3_TerrainTextures_Essential
CPT_No4_TerrainTextures_Essential
CPT_No5_RockTextures_MissouriBreaks_EssentialButInterchangeableWithOtherNo5
CPT_No6_MeadowshireterrainController_Essential
CPT_Mo7_treeController_RequiresNo8andNo9
CPT_No7a_MeadowshireRiver_TreeController
CPT_No8_TreeModelsPartOne
CPT_No9_TreeModelsPartTwo
ExtraTerrainTools2

Just so that you and everybody knows ;)

Patfirefghtr: Oh you never know what the future holds  ()what() (except for how long it is 'till payday &mmm ) Cheers as always dude

Sebes: See who needs TV?  $%Grinno$% Well I suppose I'd have to suggest some of my Herbal /&HiPP/% remedy for you then my friend. And thank you for your very kind offer.  :thumbsup: If I get stuck I shall certainly ask ;)

Well it looks like its clearing up a bit so I am gonna go burn off some energy and get nice and muddy on a bike ride.

Laters my friends
TTC

thundercrack83

That river is beautiful, I would love to take a leisurely stroll along it! Wonderful detailing with the ploppable rocks and other assorted things! Fantastic work, TTC!

Fred_Ginger

How Beautiful TTC, I really like the "River Walk", what a lovely stroll it must be for the people living in the area!   I can just imagine the locals wandering down the path on warm summer evenings.  And kids on their bikes racing up and down, harassing their elders! :thumbsup:

Vicki
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies