• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Balavia, a (mostly) Dutch region

Started by mtg, July 29, 2011, 12:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtg

After all these years of SC4 and SC4D I guess it's time for me to start a MD.
I bring you the region of Balavia.
This region is a 12x12 large city tiles region with in it's center the Capital Astria.

Astria is a city where old meets new. In the center there's the old town with it's narrow streets and alleys surrounded by canals.
To the southeast the CBD where all the money is made and lost. further south we'll see a residential area where a lot of people life and where all the young people try to escape from.
The mayor highway Z1 crosses the city north to south. The Z2 connects the suburbs to the east to the city center, and the Z3 connects the city to the airport on the west.
That completes the quick survey of this city, lets get to the city!

Welcome to the center of Astria.
Here we see the oldest part of Astria. The Island in the middle is by far the oldest part. The avenue "blue lightning boulevard" (with is up for reconstruction) used to be a canal but has been transformed to support the growing traffic during the ages.

To the north there's the "SimGoober interchange" it connects the Z1 to the Z3 with is on route to the airport.

To finish this first episode of my MD I want to end with a mosaic going east where the suburbs start to the west where you can see a glimpse of the "BarbyTrumpet"

I hope you like this MD. please leave a comment!
Best Maarten

Korot

Are those normal streets in the CBD? Don't they get enormously overloaded with traffic?  ()what()

I do love you layout though, with plenty of open space. Gives it much less of a crowded city feel, which your residents probably enjoy. They should, at least.  :thumbsup:
And I really enjoy your interchanges, nicely decorated, and very well designed.

I do have one question though: in which way is this MD Dutch? I see some canals and Dutch houses, but that's it.  %confuso

Regards,
Korot

mtg

Thanks for the reply

QuoteAre those normal streets in the CBD? Don't they get enormously overloaded with traffic?

yep normal streets, but the usage of the train station and subway keep them to overload.

QuoteI really enjoy your interchanges, nicely decorated, and very well designed.

thank you ()stsfd() there's more to come where the Z12 and Z2 connect is a turbine I already named "tarkusianturbine"
and where the Z1 connects with the Z11 and Z12 the "Jonathanjunction"

Quotein which way is this MD Dutch? I see some canals and Dutch houses, but that's it.

It's a 12x12 region. I've some ideas that are really Dutch. think "waterlinie" and do you see all that water on the north? I can't leave my sims unprotected can I?

Terring7

Great city, a nice mix of modernism and futurism :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

wallasey

Good start here! I look forward to seeing more....

I like your motorway infrastructure and the beatification of your junctions

However, that excessively tall Associates Building does nothing for your city...it just doesn't enhance the scene at all. 

Tomas Neto

marsh

I usually dislike cities with masses of skyscrapers, but you're a few to do it right it seems. Fantastic work.  :)

,marsh

rooker1

Very nice first update.
Love that mosaic.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

mtg

QuoteI usually dislike cities with masses of skyscrapers

same here, but it can be nice can it ;)

QuoteGood start here! I look forward to seeing more....

I like your motorway infrastructure and the beatification of your junctions

However, that excessively tall Associates Building does nothing for your city...it just doesn't enhance the scene at all.

there will be more  ;)

There will be more mototrway's  ;D

On the buildings that grow in my city, I don't like to demolisch buildings that grow in my city and I hardly ever do. If a building grows some where it has to be there. I only demolisch buildings if they are spreading like a virus.

bat

Astria is a beautiful city!
Fantastic start on your MD.

mtg

wallasey

The farms are great! What a contrast to your first update!

bat

Great farms. Looking forward to more...

Tomas Neto

noahclem

Great to see you starting an MD! I've been meaning to comment here for a couple days but had internet problems so the pictures didn't load. Very nice start  &apls  It's great that you plan on showing a variety of areas (rural, old W2W, highrises, etc) and I'm especially interested in your interchanges and traffic networks. Looking forward to more!  :thumbsup:

mtg

welcome back to Astaria!
Today we take a closer look at the city center.

The Barby trumpet with on and off ramps in it's center

Today I finish with a large picture of the industrial area on the south east.
The edge of the city where Industry ends and the rural area begins

bat

That's a fantastic new update! Superb work on the mosaic!! Also great pictures of your really nice city.

RickD

Your images are great but also huge. The last one doesn't even fit on my 22 inch screen.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

dedgren

A nice start, Maarten.  An MD to keep an eye on.  Your pics have a "sunny day" quality I can't quite put my finger on.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

noahclem

Nice update Maarten  :thumbsup:
I really like all the green spaces and of course the transport stuff is great!