• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Sultanate of Kalu Sabah: Massive Mosaic Overview of Capital

Started by Sky Guy, August 13, 2011, 10:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kergelen

The last two updates are really nice!
I like the places were you build, between sea and montains. Nice small airport :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

calibanX

Great work on this MD. Congratulations on OSITM. I like the tropical setting. Your transportation networks are well layed out and I love your airports. I actually like your experimentation with the different colored concrete on your airport tamacs. It works for me.

Cheers.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

Nanami

Another iuce update and thanks for the link (info).. ;)

Battlecat

Fantastic work on the airport, the area turned out quite nicely! 

Sky Guy

Welcome back. Today we will be taking our first look into Georgetown.

As told in the previous update, the small city is an economic free zone allowing for much more development with fewer restrictions than the rest of the country.
Many corporations have set up home here due to the low taxes. Despite being occupied by Britain until the late 90's, there are only a few colonial buildings. Most of them have been destroyed due to the rapid development.

The first picture shows the majority of the seaport as well as a new development on the peninsula. The complex contains a hotel and shopping center.

The next shot of going the other direction. It shows many of the complexes that companies have set up for their headquarters.
Some of them include PetroKor, Sabah Banking, and more.

Our last shot is of the traditional downtown. You can see one of two old buildings, but much of this area is under re-development for new, sleek, high-rises.
You can also see that it has started to rain... again.

;D

The next update, we will take a closer look at some of the construction projects.

Note: If any of you would like to take a closer look at anything in the pictures, let me know and I will also put that in the next update ;)

REPLIES
Dantes: Thank you very much! :)
Gringamuyloca: Thanks for the comment! I am glad you liked it so much  :satisfied: I will most certainly consider another GIF in the future ;)
noahclem: Thank you! I thought about putting curves on the highway, but was too lazy  :P I fixed it though ;)
bat: Thanks! Yes, another airport :P despite the fact that I hate building them due to the time it takes, I somehow manage to build like 100 of them :P
apeguy: Thanks a lot! Detailing is a pain to do, so I am gald you liked it ;D
Kergelen: Thanks, I have always liked to build in unique landscapes- even though sometimes it can be a challenge, I think it pays off :)
calibanX: Thank you very much for the nice comment!  ;D
976: Thanks, I wish I could be of more help, so if you need anything, PM me and I will do what I can ;)
Battlecat: Thanks, I am glad you liked it :)

Kalu Sabah- A fast growing dynamic Southeast Asian Country

nbvc

Yan077

Awesome work in the seaport. The first mosaic is impressive  &apls

bat

Great first views of that new city!!! Looking forward to part II.

noahclem

Very rainy  :D Very nice job on the port and surrounding areas. I like the way you've incorporated diagonal houses  :thumbsup:

Aaron Graham

Lovely picture of you city, keep up the good work. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Melbournepar

Sky Guy

Greetings! Today we are taking a second look around Georgetown, and a peek at Bandar Sabah's downtown.
You will also have the chance to vote for a few buildings you would like to see built

Let's take a look: ;D

The first mosaic is of one of the smaller islands just offshore from Georgetown. Most of the country's few rich live in the city, and this new development, partially complete, is going to be an exclusive neighborhood. Many homes have alread been built. You can also see another, smaller island awating development. There are many ideas for a luxery resort, but money is the main thing holding things back.

If you would like to see a specific building built on the round island, tell me, and I will take a look at it!

This next shot is again of the traditional downtown. you can see a few more buildings.
You can also see the development that was under construction in the last update is now complete. 8)

Finally, here is a shot of Downtown Bandar Sabah. There are many new buildings, including the new future headquarters of PetroKor.
Here is where you voice your opinion again. If you would like a specific building to be the headquarters, tell me, and I will consider it.

;D

See you soon, and don't forget to tell me about buildings you want!

REPLIES
nbvc: Thank you very much!
Yan077: Thank you, I am glad you liked it ;D
bat: Thanks, hope you like this update as well. :)
noahclem: haha, thanks. It too like the look of the diagonals. They are a pain to work with, but the result is nice :)
Aaron Graham: Thanks! ;D
Melbournepar: I created them. Currently, they are private, but I am considering releasing them in the future. ;)

Nanami

Well done! and again (sorry if annoying) could you sent the re-loted version of maxis mansions? or the name of the mansions that located next to the maxis's mansion?

art128

great looking! I like the sea shore a lot. Also, the Maxis Opera house ( which is very inspired by Pari's opéra Garnier) looks surprisingly well in that area!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

apeguy

Nice update, the island with the houses is very good. Personally I would build just two or three mansions on that small island, ones that only the wealthiest people could afford. ;)

Just one minor thing on my mind, on the island with the mansions, why is there dirt roads? I would have thought that there would be better roads considering the people living there are rich. They wouldn't want to get their expensive new 4x4s covered in dirt and mud as they drive down the road would they? :D :D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

noahclem

Nice update again  :thumbsup:  One suggestion for you is that those seawalls will look much better if they are on a lower elevation (preferably only a couple meters). For the headquarters how about girafe's new skycraper on the LEX? Not sure about the island but maybe a house for you?

Dantes

bat

Sky Guy

Today we are taking a look at Bandar Sabah's old airport. A lot is going on as the city redevelops the old terminals runways, and tarmacs.

This mosaic shows a new road connecting the two major thoroughfares on either side of the river. You can see where a new bridge will go.
In addition, the old runway will also be redeveloped into a road.

Here a shot of redevelopment of the terminals and old parking area

And finally, here is a a shot of the completed Phase One. In place of the old terminals are a shopping mall, and a stadium, as well as offices and parking.
Traditional city development is also spreading in the available space.

REPLIES
976: Thanks, I will see if I can find and send you the houses. I can't remember where I got the other ones from though...  &mmm
art128: Thank you very much! I too was surprised by how well the opera house fit in ;D
Kergelen: Thanks for the comment!
apeguy: Thank you, and thanks for the suggestion. As for the dirt roads, they will eventually be paved, but for now, the construction is still ongoing ;) but I see your point :P
noahclem: Thanks, yeah, I hate how they are so high, but I felt that it was a better solution rather than lowering all the land and rebuilding  %wrd Thanks for the suggestions too
Dantes: Thanks commenting!
bat: Thanks a bunch!