• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

File Exchange

Started by Serkan790, November 28, 2011, 04:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serkan790

ok so i am logged in as usual on sc4devotion.com, it says i am logged in, but when i go to the file exchange, i try to log in! but it says i have the incorrect username, i put my username and then tried my e-mail, but it still said my username didn't exist! Where's the Fries? (next time we'll wash your mouth out with soap)?!!??!

DON'T TELL ME I WASN'T LOGGED IN OR REGISTERED, BECAUSE I KNOW I AM, DON'T SAY SOMETHING STUPID!!!

kaylacey

They have separate registrations for the SC4 Devotion forums and the LEX.  You have to register at both sites.

Gringamuyloca

... you CAN use the same username and password that you use here (SC4).

Sorry about your frustration... happy downloading.  :thumbsup:
Tamara

mattb325

Serkan790, as this is your first post on this site, let me say two things:

1) Welcome
2) I'm not sure if your comments were an attempt at humour (as you see, with only one post, it is very hard to gauge your style), but there are generally more acceptable ways of asking for help.

If, when you are logged out and actually starting the registration process, you look at the top right-most corner of the screen where it says 'register' the first sentence of the registration process says in quotation marks: "This registration process gives you access to a sc4devotion forums membership only. The forums and the downloads areas are separated software pieces, and so do require separate accounts. If you are looking to download some of our great stuff, you have to register in our fiLEXchange"

You then need to click that you accept those terms, and, as per the text and as previous commenters have pointed out, register for the LEX separately.

jmyers2043

Hi Serkan

Quote from: Serkan790 on November 28, 2011, 04:34:35 PM
but it says i have the incorrect username, i put my username and then tried my e-mail, but it still said my username didn't exist!

Well, your account is active - or - it seems that someone called serkan790 successfully downloaded yesterday.

That's the good news. Now here is the bad. You (or someone else called serkan790) left the following comment after downloading one of the files:

QuoteWhere's the Fries? (next time we'll wash your mouth out with soap)?!?!?! WHY DON'T YOU MAKE IT WORK FOR VISTA IF YOU'RE GONNA MAKE A PATCH (SAME WITH WINDOWS 7) DUMB A $$

Do you know what burns me up? It's people like you. Consider what you are saying and how you say it the next time you download something that is free. I will cut your LEX access off the next time you make rude comments here in the SC4D forums or in a LEX comment box. There is a code of conduct at the LEX. I copied and pasted it below:

Access to this Exchange is a privilige and not a right. Please abide by the Exchange Rules and have fun.

This File Exchange is privately owned and all access and priviliges are given in good faith and is not a right.
You may participate here as long as you do not abuse the system or abuse other users. We expect that you will be friendly and display good manners.

If you use rude or foul language in the comments section or abuse the Download priviliges you will be subjected to sanctions by the Administration of this site.

All and any items available here may only be used in your private capacity and no commercial gain may be derived from it all.

All rights and ownership of content stays the property of the creator and the Exchange as such have no rights or responsibilities towards the users for any results that may come from using any of the items available here.

UPLOADER rights are not standard and are completely in the hands of the Admin. Admin will exercise their own discretion in this matter and their decision to grant or revoke is not subjected to an appeal.

The Exchange has no control over material UPLOADED but we must stipulate that if you UPLOAD items that are the property of others and you have no consent to do so ... you must say so in your Description. If an objection should come from the rightful owner your ownership over the material will be terminated.

Enjoy our site and PLAY the GAME with CUSTOM content ...

Once you have registered you will receive an e-Mail with an Activation Link in it ... you need to follow that link to activate your account. We will not share your details with spammers but we do keep track of your activities on our web site.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

jeanheinsen

I can't access my LEX account! my username os "jeanheinsen" Help me please! Thanks!  &hlp

jmyers2043

Hi Jean

Quote from: jeanheinsen on February 10, 2012, 07:33:39 AM
I can't access my LEX account! my username os "jeanheinsen" Help me please! Thanks!  &hlp

It has been a few months since your last download. Your profile is active. So I deactivated then reactivated it. Try again. Reply here if that does not work and I'll reset the password.

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)