• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Tranports Inc.

Started by vester, January 19, 2012, 09:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD40-2

Vester, THANK YOU very much.  :thumbsup: I will be sure to make some good stuff...

I saw your post earlier, but I was working on something for a client.

All those skins look really fantastic, by the way. The Mopac unit does look better...

Now that I think about it, the Maryland Midland and HMCR skins look like a model railroader's fictional railroad concept.

P.S. - I can't fix the 12-sided wheels on the P32-8BWH. The base model isn't mine. I have permission to use it, but not import it into a 3D Modeling program. The texture is mine, though.

Edit - Looking at the Frisco unit...the Orange needs to be more Orangey. Maybe more like this?

vester

Quote from: SD40-2 on April 16, 2016, 06:09:14 PM
Edit - Looking at the Frisco unit...the Orange needs to be more Orangey. Maybe more like this?

Not sure what you mean here, does it need to be more orange or more red ?
(Please do remember that not all here do speak English as their first language)

The hue is about 9 on the model, in your picture is its around 16.
I have another picture where is more like 7.

SD40-2

Quote from: vester on April 17, 2016, 06:34:07 AM
Not sure what you mean here, does it need to be more orange or more red ?
(Please do remember that not all here do speak English as their first language)

Sorry about that. It needs a bit more orange... But the Orange overall looks very pale.

Here's a fresh unit painted as recently as possible.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/61830729@N08/5625216359

And from that image, I have this hexadecimal color.

f32e16

vester

The hue is in fact more red for that hex code.

I was trying to make a more worn down unit.

art128

I wouldn't use that picture to pick the color as it seems to be edited, at least the hue seems off from a non edited picture.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

SD40-2

Quote from: vester on April 17, 2016, 07:36:11 AM
The hue is in fact more red for that hex code.

I was trying to make a more worn down unit.

Ah.... I realized that it should be more red after looking at a few more images. My apologies.

But, every paintjob tends to weather a little differently... Frisco Mandarin Orange didn't really fade over the years...

Such as here. (Yes, I know it's patched...)

http://frisco.org/mainline/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/GP38-2-2276-Frisco-421-at-Omaha-Nebraska-on-April-1-1981-Jerry-Bosanek.jpg

Quote from: art128 on April 17, 2016, 07:45:10 AM
I wouldn't use that picture to pick the color as it seems to be edited, at least the hue seems off from a non edited picture.

It's morseo how the film developed. Kodachrome, which I think was the flim used, made colors slightly more saturated and gave a bit more contrast that would normally be there...

But overall, the colors tend to be pretty close....

vester

Frisco:

Burlington Northern Exclusive

Orange-green BNSF.

Green BNSF, old BN unit.

Blue BNSF, old leasing unit. Some call them, Smurfs :)

Spokane, Portland & Seatle

Spokane, Portland & Seatle

EDIT: Changed the last picture. See SD40-2's comment in the next post.

SD40-2

Very nice! The Frisco unit looks much better now.

:thumbsup:

However, something weird has happened to the SP&S unit screenshot. It seems like part of it was clipped off, and the screenshot also got repeated...

vester

Updated the last picture. Forgot to update the link, when I copied the img tags along.

About the wired thing. I have noticed something in my game, not on the particular spot in the city, but other places....
where it appears to be some kind of invisible boxes that sort of blocs the trains in some spots. Not sure what is happening.  ()what()

Forgot on the first package of mods to be released. Worked on icons done around 80 % of the first pack.
Will release them in pack of 24-32 mods. The first will have the theme you could call BNSF plus. :)

SD40-2: Would you be  up for doing some testing ?

SD40-2

Quote from: vester on April 23, 2016, 04:03:23 PM
SD40-2: Would you be  up for doing some testing ?

Sure. Tiny problem is that I managed to screw up my SC4 install, and I have to do a quick reinstall of all the mods and such that I've accumulated.

Edit - Simcity 4 is mostly back online over here....

2b2gbi

I haven't look in here in a while, but I am absolutely loving the variety and the quality of the skins. I especially like that Frisco engine and the BN Exclusive in your last post. Can't wait to see these running on my rails.
You can call me Jon. :)

Check out my MD: Bienville, Missouri

vester

An update picture of Spokane, Portland & Seattle, SPS1:

Two Chicago railroads:

Belt Railway of Chicago

Chicago South Shore Freight

vester

Here is one last before I starting packing up the first pack of 28 mods:

Alan_Waters

Simmer2

Like the alien said in the "Independence Day" Sci-Fi movie...."Release meeeee....release meeee"

Excellent!  &apls
________________________________________________________________________________

vester

At the moment I am working on icons, modding and images. Next up is installer script.

Infographics.

As you might noticed from the above graphics I done one final mod for the first package:

Santa Fe unit painted in what was going to be the color scheme after a merger with Southern Pacific, which never happen.

... and the Southern Pacific unit in the color scheme that some calls Kodak.
Have tried to reflect that it took SP longer to paint the units back into the old colors.

Alan_Waters

vester

Thank you Alan

A status update:
Been working through the readme, the images for it and installer script.
Started modding and around halfway through the modding.

Beside that I couldn't stop myself, but have done a few more textures, but that you have to wait for a picture of.

vester

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________