• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Having problem with cleanitol

Started by hargy9999, February 14, 2012, 01:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hargy9999

Hi, I recently got started on SC4D and soon came across this wonderful world of add ons and mods.  In my excitement i got a bit carried away and consequently installed a few mega packs and such without checking for duplicate file copies 1st.

I have since downloaded cleanitol but am having difficulties with it.   Clicking on cleanitol files that come with the packs will only open notepad files.
If i open cleanitol and try to locate the files by browsing for them with the [...] button the directory where they are located appears incomplete and these files cant be located this way even though they appear where they should be if i look for them using explorer. (where i can only open them as notepad documents).

Is there something I'm doing wrong trying to run these files through cleanitol and will my earlier installing of just a few packs without deleting any possible doubles be a massive problem??    Cheers

jmyers2043

Quote from: hargy9999 on February 14, 2012, 01:23:16 AM
Clicking on cleanitol files that come with the packs will only open notepad files.

If i open cleanitol and try to locate the files by browsing for them with the [...] button the directory where they are located appears incomplete and these files cant be located this way even though they appear where they should be if i look for them using explorer. (where i can only open them as notepad documents).

Is there something I'm doing wrong trying to run these files through cleanitol and will my earlier installing of just a few packs without deleting any possible doubles be a massive problem??    Cheers

Hello Hargy

It sounds like it is working OK. It is not fancy application. the main window looks like a notepad.  Note that Cleanitall DOES NOT delete unnecessary files. It moves them to a folder \My Documents\SimCity 4\BSC_Cleanitol. It writes to that folder every cleanitall session you run. There is a batch file for each session. click on the batch file and everything that was moved is put back.

Here is a cleanitall guide. Have a read then come back if you need clarification.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3795.0

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

hargy9999

Thanks Jim -

Up to this point i have resolved all problems  :thumbsup: