• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Federal Republic of Belleny - A long way to go (map)

Started by nas-t, February 25, 2012, 10:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Swordmaster

Framly

The ferry terminal looks fantastic! Very unique textures &apls

Great work ;)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

feyss

nas-t

100 REPLIES

Wow - we just reached 100 replies. Isn't it a reason to celebrate? I think it is, so I decide to share something with you.

You can download my Clover Port textures right here - hope you enjoy.  ;)

sunv123

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

art128

Congrats on the 100Th replies! Now to 100 more and 100 more and ad infinitum.   ::)  &apls &apls

Thanks for the textures! This will be useful ro many LOTers out there! ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

nbvc

rambuckel

That ferry port is awesome!!!! I've never seen something like this in advance ...  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Ol.S / Benoit

Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

threestooges

Very nice work on the ferry terminal. It reminds me of the ones in Seattle. How long did it take you to put all this together?
-Matt

nas-t

REPLIES

Quote from: noahclem on November 06, 2012, 05:17:31 AM
Excellent ferry terminal design! Did you plan it yourself or is it based off of one in real life?
Thank you! It's slightly based on the Port of Dover.

Quote from: Framly on November 06, 2012, 01:55:31 PM
The ferry terminal looks fantastic! Very unique textures
Thanks a lot! Yeah, i just made it, but you can use it if you like.  ;)

Quote from: art128 on November 06, 2012, 03:20:59 PM
Thanks for the textures! This will be useful ro many LOTers out there! ;)
Thank you. I hope LOTers like it. If's there any piece missing feel free to ask.  ;)

Quote from: rambuckel on November 12, 2012, 08:59:30 AM
I've never seen something like this in advance ...  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
Thanks you. That was my plan! :D

Quote from: threestooges on November 13, 2012, 10:00:01 AM
Very nice work on the ferry terminal. It reminds me of the ones in Seattle. How long did it take you to put all this together?
Thanks a lot! I do not know the ones in Seattle, but if you say so ;) Planning, BATing, LOTing and everything else took me a full week of work.

sunv123, Gugu3, RickD, Swordmaster, feyss, nbvc & Ol.S / Benoit, thanks a lot for your nice comments, i appreciate it!  :thumbsup:

Teaser VIII

My next update is not ready yet, but I will not leave you without a new picture....

Next time: The missing link.

Adrian

ivo_su

Wow you made ​​very hard work on the textures and patterns of those parks, but in contrast, they deserve all the time that you are committed to them.

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

nas-t

REPLIES

Thank you ivo_su and Schulmanator for your nice comments!  :thumbsup:

Update V: The missing Link

Hey guys,

This time I want to show you the area between Clover Ferry Port and "Clover Marina Hotel" (the tall grey building shown in Teaser V).

Starting at Clover Port:

As I mention before, the blue building is the entrance building, the red one is the ports fire department, the grey one on the left is the Port Motel, a small low wealth motel perfect for travelers who have to stay over night.

As we move on, we pass an artwork (the two intertwining rings symbolize Bellenys good commercial relations to europe), another low wealth hotel and some commercial buildings.

Following the road to the south we're heading Clovers Seaside Shopping Mall.

Finally before we reach Clover Marina Hotel, we pass the ruin of Clovers former townhall. It was destroyed by the big storm surge in 1921.

Last but not least: Overview;)

Adrian

sunv123

Great job, but I think there's something wrong with the seawalls in the fourth pic. Also, the port area looks a little empty. &mmm

Still great job though, like the diagonal buildings. :)

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

vortext

That's one awesome ferry port!  &apls

I wonder though, is it functional? And if so, are you planning to release it? There aren't that many ferries so it would be a welcome addition.  ;)

Quote from: sunv123 on November 17, 2012, 05:04:57 PM
I think there's something wrong with the seawalls in the fourth pic.

Yes indeed there is. The walls still cast shadows while they're part underground, resulting in strange shadows all around. To turn the shadows off, open the prop exampler file with the Reader and set Is Ground Model propery to false (0x00).  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Swordmaster

Heh, you have one of the most pleasant styles of presentation that I know here. Simple but unique.

And then I'm not even talking about the actual images! Very nice, especially the overview. One thing strikes me, though: the water transparency is a little high, which I think is the reason you get that blocky view off the beach in picture 4.

Cheers
Willy

ivo_su

I was wondering if you made ​​those textures for yourself or the way you get them from somewhere? Although a small inaccuracies are decent good but I prefer the double solid line anyway

nas-t

REPLIES

Just a quick stop to answer your questions.

Also, the port area looks a little empty. &mmm

This particular area is empty because it's currently closed, as you can see in Update IV.  ;)

Quote from: vortext on November 18, 2012, 03:25:23 PM
That's one awesome ferry port!  &apls

I wonder though, is it functional? And if so, are you planning to release it? There aren't that many ferries so it would be a welcome addition.  ;)
Thanks! Yes and no. The boarding bridges themselves are functional as car-ferry-ports, but they don't work right because they have no connection to roads, i think this could be fixed with other lots.. ? &mmm

Quote from: vortext on November 18, 2012, 03:25:23 PM
I think there's something wrong with the seawalls in the fourth pic.

Yes indeed there is. The walls still cast shadows while they're part underground, resulting in strange shadows all around. To turn the shadows off, open the prop exampler file with the Reader and set Is Ground Model propery to false (0x00).  :thumbsup:
Already fixed!  ;D

Quote from: Swordmaster on November 18, 2012, 04:05:46 PM
Heh, you have one of the most pleasant styles of presentation that I know here. Simple but unique.
Thank you!

Quote from: Swordmaster on November 18, 2012, 04:05:46 PM
One thing strikes me, though: the water transparency is a little high [...]
Your right in case of Clover. Actually it's the only transparency you can slightly see my underwaterwork in update 1, 2 & 3.

Quote from: ivo_su on November 18, 2012, 04:57:07 PM
I was wondering if you made those textures for yourself or the way you get them from somewhere?
I did! It's based on a concrete texture i found on a website but i reworked it and added those lines.