• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Freedo's MD Map (hopefully)

Started by freedo50, June 12, 2007, 05:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freedo50

Hi all,
I ahve trawled through the maps on the STEX and LEX more times than I can remember, looking for the "perfect" MD/CJ region. I have now decided to ask here, to see if someone could create one for me. The brief: -
The map should be a large island (approx. 25x25 large tiles)[EDIT: I realise this is absolutely massive, if this isn't pssible, can I have it as big as possible  ;D] and should include;

• mostly very flat land
  • 2 or 3 major rivers
  • a couple of large(ish) lakes
  • a large harbour/estuary
  • a mountain range with some huge mountains
  • some really rocky coastline
  • some smaller islands around the edges
  • plenty of free water tiles around the edges for later additions

I'll try and get a quick sketch map up in the near future.
Thanks in advance to anyone who takes up this challenge, I will be forever in your debt.

Fred

HabLeUrG

I could do that  ;)

maybe this weekend im busy for now  ;D

edit:
I have a idea how i could do your map, so first i need to know if you agree with me about this small preview..  :P

according to your description...
Quote from: freedo50 on June 12, 2007, 05:42:22 AM

• mostly very flat land
  • 2 or 3 major rivers
  • a couple of large(ish) lakes
  • a large harbour/estuary
  • a mountain range with some huge mountains
  • some really rocky coastline
  • some smaller islands around the edges
  • plenty of free water tiles around the edges for later additions

I got a 6400x6400 pixel map with 25x25 big cities region, just to confirm... thats ok

sorry for this embarrassing picture, but this just for let u know how will be the island... not that looks just more professional work, lol  :D

Leyend:
Brown: Flat land, or simpli land...
White: Mountains
Teal: Sea
Blue: Rivers and lakes

if you need any fixes we are in time, is very appreciate if you do your own map with legend by paint or somewhere else, so i can easily do that map

what u think  ;)

edit 2: btw will make that in SC4Terraformer, thats ok? or you need a greyscale image?

dedgren

Hey. Fred-

I've made a map or two...

Eblem's (HabLeUrG) looks pretty cool, though.  If he or anyone else would do the basic work, I'd be happy to pitch in and help fine-tune.  I've developed a fairly dab hand doing the TerraFormer.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

HabLeUrG

wow David! thats a really nice 3RR hand-terraform map, thats stunning! I like your details on that  &apls

freedo50

Wow David, thats impressive! Hable, that looks pretty good to me as a general plan. I decided to take that and edit it a bit just to be clearer.

Blue=rivers/lakes
Teal=Sea
Brown=Low Land
Light brown=Hills/highland
White=Mountain
Grey=Cliffs/Rocky Island

For the rivers, as they go into higher ground just leave them as a riverbed and I can fill them with ploppable water, so that it looks more realistic.
Thanks again,
Fred

HabLeUrG

thank you alot freedo50 for the details, will be working right now in your map and will show the progress here  ;)

HabLeUrG

freedo50 i have some problems with my computer that i cant work in terraformer because a computer memory problem, but i have a grey scale map done... (hope that not a problem)

The only thing left is is add some higher mountains and remark correctly the rivers and cliffs, hope you can do it in terraformer by your own

im not sure when this thing will be fixed, as i promised you here is the map "incomplete" im so sorry &mmm and the map is 15x15, maybe because its so huge for my computer that cant work on terraformer, will find that out...

download the greyscale file http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/20/800718/iso_is.zip

Incomplete Preview:

If i fix this, will continue in your map..

dedgren

That's a great looking start, Eblem.  There's a lot there to work with, and it's done with a nice sense of scale.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

freedo50

Thats great thanks Eblem, I'm quite happy to finish it myself, all of the hard work has been done.

Fred

HabLeUrG

thanks to you!!

Im glad to hear that you liked this "incomplete map"  :)

thanks David and Fred!