• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Adding trafficlights in LotEditor

Started by Opkl, September 06, 2012, 06:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opkl

I am trying to create an intersection with OWR-3's and since OWR networks do not have trafficlights yet, I wanted to be able to use the maxis props in LE and place them on a park tile so I can plop them. They don't have to be corded to have the sims obey them, but I would like for them to function. Here's the intersection:

Everytime I tried to add the lights to the pole in LE, the lights were always off center and when I would rotate the view in LE, the lights would also change direction to the way I rotated the view while the pole would stay in place.  So is there anyway I can fix this? Thanks.

MandelSoft

No. You want to place the stoplight props at a location that's off the tile of the lot, which is impossible if your prop model isn't already overhang. Beside that, the standard Maxis stoplights have the habit to get visually stuck in the same rotation in the Lot Editor. Alas, there's nothing I can do for you now...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Opkl

Quote from: MandelSoft on September 07, 2012, 12:08:57 AM
No. You want to place the stoplight props at a location that's off the tile of the lot, which is impossible if your prop model isn't already overhang. Beside that, the standard Maxis stoplights have the habit to get visually stuck in the same rotation in the Lot Editor. Alas, there's nothing I can do for you now...

&cry2 lol . Well is their any other program than the LE that will allow me to place these lights? And yes, I did forget about the overhang which would have been a problem later. Your prime avenue mod would've been perfect for this.