• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

More paris buildings

Started by issa76, January 19, 2013, 04:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

issa76

Hello everyone

I'm trying to recreate Paris and its suburbs. But the lack of buildings of paris is really a problem to continue the project. I know that it exists a lot of haussmanian's building but Paris is not just only haussmanian's building.

Thanks a lot

CasperVg

There is an extensive list of Parisian/French BATs compiled by Wouanagaine and Une_ame here, and also some great BATs by various French modelers over here on ToutSimcities.com. You're right, a lot of the French/Parisian BATs are Haussmanian, but I think that's because that's the defining architecture style. For non-Haussmanian fillers, I think you could use more 'generic' looking European BATs, like these from Belgium and the Netherlands.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

issa76

yes you're right but my impression is that buildings of paris are not so representative of the city. Indeed when you look on google maps the 20e or parts of 15e arrondissment there is a lot of buildings typical parisian but not haussmanians.

Well I'll make my better with that I have.

To make an example, I love this typical building of 15e arrondissment

Thanks all of you

Swordmaster

That's indeed a generic building you can find in many European cities. So I wouldn't call it a "Paris" building, but a Euro building.

Cheers
Willy