• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Noro Cooperative

Started by noahclem, January 30, 2013, 03:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What type of airport should NORO's new one be?

Passenger only
Passenger & military
passenger & general aviation (private & charter aircraft)
Passenger, military & general aviation

rooker1

Wow, great pics Noah. You even gave me a big surprise with that last pic, never seen that aera yet. I love how the train passes by under the RHWs.
Great work my friend!

Robin

Thanks buddy!
Call me Robin, please.

Kergelen

Amazing HD pictures!

Nice railstation and RHW/train bridges &apls

Thanks so much! HD is where you'll find me  ::)

Links to SC4 websites

rooker1

First off.....
Let me thank everyone for thier support so far and let me apologise for our slow start. Things have been moving along very well in the background on a daily basis and we do have a lot of plans in place. So I am sure we will be off to the races.

I am working far off in a corner, in tile "By" just doing some practicing.....at least that was my first thought. But so far, I like the way its turning out. I have not yet named the tile as I cannot think of anything suitable. What a problem to have so ealry in the game when there are so many other tiles to name.  $%Grinno$% It will be a small size farming and industrial city. Commercial along the major transit ways only, industrial along railways and farming along the mountain side. Most likely very few low rise buildings, if any at all. I plan to concentrate on medium wealth housing using mostly mattb325's houses. So far everything is grown.  ;)

A map for reference. "By" is in the South west corner.

First pictures shows the recycling to energy plant.

A farm, school and the start of housing.

A housing community.

Last but not the least....my attempt at a RHW intersection.
My only problem is, everytime I try to complete the over pass the highway falls to the ground. What am I doing wrong?

Enjoy....
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

MandelSoft

Try to add an MIS starter on both ends, then try to drag through. See if that works ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Gugu3

excellent Robin!i love RHW and smooth interchanges...that one looks really nice!i like the use of project simphony l0 to l2 curved ramps!did you use VIP ploppable garbage? :thumbsup:
cheers
Gugu3

metarvo

You really can't go wrong with those houses.  I use them everywhere for medium wealth areas and for suburbs.  Normally, one doesn't think of a recycling plant as looking good, but the one there somehow does.  Nice work.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Swordmaster

Great work Robin. It's shaping up.

Cheers
Willy

vortext

Great to see development has kicked off!!  :thumbsup:

Lovely suburbs Robin. The intersection is nice and compact, hope you can get it finished as intended!

As always very nice BAT selection Noah and once again you prove to be the sc4 bridge wizard. That last pic is awesome!  &apls

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Jmouse

Good job on this update, Robin. I especially like the second one, but everyone knows I'm a big fan of rural scenes. The neighborhood is very appealing, and the interchange is coming along nicely.

It's great to see some more of your work in NORO.

MandelSoft

We like to surprise people.... by surprising them with a new active NORO participant!
Yes, during the OSITM, I've joined this project. And what's better to introduce myself with a surprise update about my first contribution to the NORO Cooperative?

I've started with some freeway construction in tile "Dy", at this tile, one of the main regional freeway curves off while interchanging a secondary freeway leading to the border of the region. This main freeway is called the Primary route 1 (PR-1), but this may be subject to change. We all have to agree to a final route numbering system, but I think we all seem to be OK with the classification:

Being not used to building on such accented terrain, this was a challenge for me to get everything to work; especially the FARHW didn't seem to like this terrain. Fortunately, I seemed to have managed the problems by local leveling the terrain. The results are pretty satisfying, I must say...

There has been no RCI development for now. We are planning to do that when all main infrastructure is in place. This will save use troubles and headaches when letting the RHW and the RCI play nicely with each other...

A map for reference. "Dq" is in the South west corner.

First off, let's start with a close-up picture. This is a typical RHW stretch built by me, as you can see how I've used signage and lights. Also, there's something you don't notice immediately, but there's something new about the RHW...

Can you guess what it is?

If we zoom out, we can get to see how massive this interchange is!

I'm also quite fond about the seasonal tree controller. I really like these trees. Kudos to Vortext for creating this beauty and for Swordmaster to tweak this a bit :thumbsup:

Moving on further down the road, here's a more modest interchange, making a connection with the local infrastructure

Well, that's it for today, I hope you enjoyed this surprise update of the NORO Cooperative. Näkemiin, tot ziens, see you later for the next update! ;)

Best,
Maarten

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

metarvo

Welcome to NORO, Guglielmo and Maarten.  :)  Things are starting to get exciting here.

Nice job on the highway, Maarten.  :thumbsup:  I'm going to guess that the median lights are the new RHW element.  No major highway that I've seen is without them, especially near interchanges and in cities.

It makes sense to build the highways first when you think about it.  Small commercial centers tend to pop up along U.S. interstates.  They're primarily meant to serve long-distance highway traffic, but locals use them too.  These centers need workers, so houses get built around them.  Industrial facilities like to set up shop near highways for mobility, and those need workers as well.  Next thing you know, you've got a town in which the growth was mainly brought on by highway access.  Of course, cities that are already established can get a huge boost from interstates.  A college town on the interstate, even a relatively small one, tends to attract all kinds of big-city/suburban restaurants and stores that you wouldn't expect.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

krbe

This is starting to look rather good! Am I correct the NR train is the NoHAB? I think also a small mention of what BAT is used and where to get it would be helpful when it comes to "major" showcases, like the Tomah station. No more than "Station X (STEX)" would be a great help now that I am about to build up yet another plugins folder after many months off.

And if airports are scary, I would of course return the favour - I quite like building them!

Gugu3

Well done Maarten!!!good to know you're part of the project!we can expect something amazing now :thumbsup:

Swordmaster

I've been working on a detail map, pasting all in-game topography maps together. We'll use it to do some more planning (who doesn't love planning :P)

Here's a blank version:

Behind the scenes, we've been planning the port area and I expect we'll be able to show a plan of that in the near future. Stay tuned folks.

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

I wouldn't say it often about a map, Willy, but this one is almost breathtaking. Mother nature, Dobdriver, and you have combined to make a truly beautiful place to play and plan. It's also a fun reminder of just how crazy the terrain Robin and I decided to work with really is :D  Knowing the behind the scenes detail of tile-by-tile map captures and layer-by-layer level of detail and flexibility it's hard to understate how exciting a project this mapping is.

Maarten, I've said it before and will say it again, those are two beautifully crafted interchanges  &apls  They're the kind of thing where you love them at first and just continue to appreciate them more as the details sink in. For example, the first one is a beautiful fit for an area not highly developed and the current capabilities of the NAM but also leaves room for any kind of changes the future could bring. The second maximizes the amount of wide-radius and fractional-angle space, does the same thing with merging lanes, and still fits into the footprint size you needed to keep it in that tile. Both have great signs, lights, and trees....and then there's that one secret thing that the most exciting of it all.....  ;)

metarvo

This is a smooth map you've got there, Willy.  I can just see the region unfolding before my very eyes when I look at the terrain.

Wait a minute.  Oh, Noah.  $%Grinno$%  Do you mean the lights weren't the secret in Maarten's interchanges after all?  Oh, too bad.  ()stsfd()

Gugu3

Should we be able to see what this "new thing" is? :)can you give us a hint???please ::)

APSMS

Ooh, mind if I guess?

I thought it was rather odd that the RHW had nightlights when nothing was around. Perhaps the RHW props produce their own power? It sounds strange, but I've always had that problem with my roads. No nightlights for light poles w/o something nearby, but these seem to light up all by themselves. That would be rather subtle.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

MandelSoft

No, the lights themselves are lots, being able to carry electricity (plopable LRMv5.1 lights, yeah!), but we also used a mod for that that increases the range electricity can carry itself. from 3 tiles to 512 tiles. This means that we can build this region without worrying about power lines (though, we probably going to set up an eyecandy power grid anyway).

The actual secret feature is even more subtle. I give you one clue: look at the RHW... closely...