• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Issues With SmallTown USA

Started by Ayaren, June 18, 2007, 08:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ayaren

So I've downloaded the Smalltown USA collection, but it wasn't showing up. So then
I opened up the .SC4Lot files up in LEProp, but only the ploppable versions would open, and after
that they would work fine (even though I didn't change any properties). Any suggestions on how
to get the growables to work? I'm running a mac.

jeronij

If you cant open the tiles in LEProp, probably the game cant open them either  &mmm

See Barby's post below  ::)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

BarbyW

I hope that Lee will answer here as he also has a Mac and it may be related to the extraction of the files.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

callagrafx

You say you ran then through LEPprop....did you do this on the Mac, emulating XP or do you have bootcamp? It could be an extraction error but I very much doubt it, otherwise you'd end up with corruption, which you don't have.

I'm pretty sure JBSimio's smalltown USA collection were all ploppable with jobs, and the Collectors edition throws in some rewards.

My mistake, there are commercial growables  &ops
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

BarbyW

&idea You can't open growables in LEProp. It is designed to only work with ploppables. I have just tested this out to check and growables will not show up. The growables will grow in their own good time ;D

Andreas

Well, you can open growables in LEProp, but only if the building exemplar file (usually located in the SC4Desc file) has been included into the SC4Lot file.
Andreas

Ayaren

I have a Windows 98 SE emulator. Maybe I should just be patient,
but I haven't modified the growables and the plobbables weren't showing
up until I opened them up in LEProp. Maybe I should try using a different
browser to download? Right now I'm using Safari version 2.0.4

BarbyW

Yes, Andreas, you can open growables in LEProp but there is little point as you cannot see much.  LEProp is intended to do simple lot modding in Ploppables not growables.

Andreas

Quote from: BarbyW on June 19, 2007, 09:24:14 AM
Yes, Andreas, you can open growables in LEProp but there is little point as you cannot see much.  LEProp is intended to do simple lot modding in Ploppables not growables.

I know. ;) But you can edit the bulldoze cost, pollution values, power and water consumption, and the occupant groups (i. e. for the tileset), if you want.
Andreas

Ayaren

Nevar mind ;D! The bug only seems to inhibit ploppables, the growables work fine. I just got one, I guess they are a bit stubborn.