• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Eternal residents ?

Started by spot, April 21, 2013, 08:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spot

After I razed everything on this tile I still have 3000 residents that are screwing my demand.

I've looked into this thread, but it seems like my problem is slightly different.

z

spot

Yes, I use CAM.  It's been a while since I posted this, and I erased and rebuild ed the tile to deal with the problem.
Still don't know what caused it, but I have a feeling you know.

z

Quote from: spot on May 09, 2013, 01:45:13 AM

CAM does not count the region's residents properly; the residential population ends up being counted twice, leading to the infamous "CAM demand bug".  You got rid of all the real residents, but it's impossible to get rid of all the ones that are counted extra, since they don't really exist.

vortext

Quote from: z on May 09, 2013, 07:22:56 AM
Quote from: spot on May 09, 2013, 01:45:13 AM

CAM does not count the region's residents properly; the residential population ends up being counted twice, leading to the infamous "CAM demand bug".  You got rid of all the real residents, but it's impossible to get rid of all the ones that are counted extra, since they don't really exist.

Hm, not sure if that's the case. I've got the CAM properly datpacked with Simcity1.dat, thus eliminating the workforce bug and I've noticed similar ghost residents remaining in the city after it was obliterated.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

z

Quote from: vortext on May 09, 2013, 12:17:09 PM
Hm, not sure if that's the case. I've got the CAM properly datpacked with Simcity1.dat, thus eliminating the workforce bug and I've noticed similar ghost residents remaining in the city after it was obliterated.

Well, that's surprising. ???    Maybe Sims who used to commute outside the city got trapped outside, and now they have no homes to come home to?  Just a guess.

I've also noticed that the game's counting of Sims is not always 100% accurate.

spot

So.. is this only ever happens with CAM ?

catty

Quote from: vortext on May 09, 2013, 12:17:09 PM
... I've noticed similar ghost residents remaining in the city after it was obliterated.

I deleted everything in a city once as it wasn't working out so had decided to start again, had no links to other cities and I still has a number of sims showing up as still living in the city, I let it run for quite a while, even tried exiting the city and coming back and they still showed up ... give up in the end and nuked the place.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

vortext

Quote from: spot on May 09, 2013, 07:31:06 PM
So.. is this only ever happens with CAM ?

It doesn't seem that way to me. As Z already mentioned rci accounting is not an exact science. Compare for instance the reported number of residents in a given tile with the figures provided by the Region Census and the figures from Equinox' Query Mod. You'll find the three numbers differ from each other. So the eternal remaining residents might very well be an accounting error. Personally I've regarded it as just another quirk which I just happened to notice fooling around in a city I'd already given up on, so there was little incentive to investigate. That said, it would be interesting to see if the same happens in the vanilla game.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana