• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Big Sandy Coal Power Plant

Started by WolfGuy100, August 02, 2013, 07:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfGuy100

http://xpda.com/lakeland04/PICT2262.jpg
http://xpda.com/lakeland04/PICT2267.jpg
http://xpda.com/lakeland04/PICT2275.jpg

This is Big Sandy coal power plant, I always go past this plant going to and coming from my grandparents' house in eastern Kentucky. Since childhood, I love looking at this amazing plant, fantasized by it sheer size and huge pile of coals. Sadly, due to strict regulation on coal plants, it has shut down recently last spring, so, to make a tribute to this plant, I'd love it if anyone made this plant. It may be a most polluting plant, but I still love looking at it whenever I go past it. If you need more details from me, let me know!

mrbisonm

I am interested in doing it since I already started on something similar some time ago and it shouldn't be too much trouble to modify the existing BATs to look like this, but.....I will have to finish my MFP1 Project first, which should be before the end of September this year.

So, meanwhile.....you could show more pics from the ground level and show some important detail we don't really see from the bird's eye view you added to your post.

Like I said, I am VERY interested, since it would finish a long dated project of mine. ;)
Sounds good enough?

Fred

Edit:, here's a sample picture of one that I already did with many other downloaded pieces and some Nexis BATs.(mine)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

WolfGuy100

Fred,
That BAT you're working on look really good! What are you making? Look like a coal washer, but I could be wrong.

Also, here's the picture from the ground!

mrbisonm

Thanks for the groundview picture. More pictures will be welcomed to make a similar powerplant as this one.

The two towers in the above picture are the Mineshaft towers and on the extreme left bottom is the coalwasher (more of a steamer though)

Here's another BAT (the burners and turbine building) that I started and which could easily be transformed to fit together with the one on the picture, at least some parts can be used. ;)

Like I said, I will be willing to make this coal burning for energy industry model, but it will be after my farmbuilding project, the MFP1. ;)

Fred

WolfGuy100

You're welcome. :D

Wow, that look really amazing! That'll be used as a power plant, right? I mean, for your project.

mrbisonm

Quote from: WolfGuy100 on August 03, 2013, 06:53:59 AM
You're welcome. :D

Wow, that look really amazing! That'll be used as a power plant, right? I mean, for your project.

That model is/was intended to make a coal factory, mine, washer, "refinery" and powerplant that I planned. It is only a part of the set. The Mineshaft towers are on the picture above, so is the washer (steamer).
I suppose if I wanted to make the big Sandy coal factory, these models can come in handy, especially if we don't need to make an exact copy of the real thing.

Fred

banditp61

This is amazing. Is there an idea to when it could be released?

WolfGuy100

Sound awesome! For me, I just at least want to make a tribute of that power plant I have seen throughout my life since it got shut down. Also, whenever I pass that plant, I feel SMALL because you should have seen how HUGE that plant is! Huge cooling towers, TALL smokestack! The car is basically like an ant comparing to that plant.

One more thing...I also have a quite of interests in power plants--any kind of it. Because I find them fantastic to look at and learn how one is different from other.

mrbisonm

Like I said, I am interested in making a coal power plant as the Big Sandy one, as I already have started quite a few parts of such a model, but it will not be a tribute to that specific plant. It might look a little like it since the pictures you showed are very interesting and it makes a good example for such a plant. But one thing I can tell, it will be Huge as the pictures show well its size.

QuoteThis is amazing. Is there an idea to when it could be released?

Whoa! No release date in view. I am already working on another big project at the moment, (the MFP1) and this will be finished first before I continue on the coal power plant.

This is just a discussion on such a model at this moment. ;)

Fred