• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Bats

Started by vester, August 16, 2013, 03:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Thank you Arthur for your offer.

Got the station exported:

Need to change the transparency of the glass roof.

Delecto

Great, it seems that you solved your problems. People may want to know how, and me too.  :thumbsup:

Anyway, great station.

vester

Well the gamma fix for 3ds max 2014 did a lot of it.

Changing Sampling Mode to Classic / Raytraced did some.

vester

Started a new bat project. This time an elevated rail station:

Its inspired by Nørrebro Station in Copenhagen:

The area around the station is one of the most busy place in the city.
Some of it is gone at the moment, due to construction site for a metro station next to the station.

At the moment the roof is solid, but I am thinking of doing a more modern version of the roof, maybe try to get this structure to be visible in the game:

vester

Doing some progress on the station:

Front side

Back side

EDIT: Updated the pictures with more a more transparent glass material for the curved roof.

greenbelt

:thumbsup:  I like the diamond patterned 'skylights' on the roof.  We can see the trains enter the station. :)

vortext

The intricate roof design is nice indeed. Also great to have another station for elevated rail!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

vester

Thank you both.

Was thinking for doing two versions; one for  EL-rail and one for viaduct rail.

The size looks pretty good compared to the trains:

Girafe

Both versions are really welcome, good job Arne  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Swordmaster

Yes, very good! Decent platform length, I like. (Nice train, too :P)

Cheers
Willy

Jmouse

Fantastic work, as usual, and I'm glad you chose the second roof. Now, let the texturing begin.

art128

Looks fantastic Arne. Is that the Akabee I spot?
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Well spotted Arthur:

That green color is really hard to get right. Still not there.

EDIT:

Another try on the green plaster texture:

Need to add some more dark area. That way people can replace or remove the sign.

About the S sign, that is going to be rendered out as separate prop.

art128

ahaha, the name could have been "NORObro"
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Still less saturation on the yellow I'd say.

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Great looking station Arne  &apls

vester

Thank you all.

Still working on the green plaster textures:

At least it still have the same tone color (hue) as the real station.

Jmouse

I'm a bit behind on posting – still trying to get some semblance of a temporary computer system set up. I like the last photo, although I do agree that the color looks a little bit off. A shade too bright maybe? Now for a little question: In the two photos you posted yesterday, the station is too close to the road IMO. There's no room for parking, dropping off passengers or milling around on foot. I know most folks in Copenhagen ride bikes, but based on RL photos you've showed me, there wouldn't even be enough room for all the bikes that would likely be parked. Just a thought which has left me wondering. And you already know why I'm eager to see the finished BAT. ;)

whatevermind

I love the modeling on that station, excellent job on the diamond skylight roof as well. That green though...  &mmm

The platform walls also look more marble than concrete, which is just making the green clash even more. I think the platform walls need more of a dark concrete, and the green texture looks better with less noise.

vester

Quote from: Jmouse on November 11, 2013, 03:47:56 PM
...the station is too close to the road IMO. There's no room for parking, dropping off passengers or milling around on foot. I know most folks in Copenhagen ride bikes, but based on RL photos you've showed me, there wouldn't even be enough room for all the bikes that would likely be parked. Just a thought which has left me wondering. And you already know why I'm eager to see the finished BAT. ;)

One thing, its an urban station in the dense residential area, where people will be arriving by bus, bike or on foot.
There is no need for people to walk between the road and the station. There is room in colognad for pedestrians.
Most people living in Copenhagen don't need and don't have a car.

There is plenty for room for bikes at the back of the station:

All the curved roofs at the back (to the right) is bike sheds.
At the moment all the bike sheds are remove. That area and most of road to the left of the station is now one big construction site.
When that area is open in 5 years, there will only be one combine bus and bike lane and one bikelane the other way passing next to the station.

whatevermind: I hadn't worked on the concrete material.