• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Growable private clinics (commercial + medical)

Started by nathkel, October 12, 2013, 11:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathkel

I'm surprised no one has come up with a set of growable private medical offices that satisfy small or otherwise very local hospital demand. These private clinics could pop up in medium or high wealth commercial lots, small to medium sized, and satisfy perhaps a small percentage of the health demand. It would possible therefore to have a scattering of these medical offices taking up to 50 % of the city's patient load if no hospital were built to serve the community.
Is it even possible for a growable to satisfy medical demand?

spot

gn_leugim

QuoteIs it even possible for a growable to satisfy medical demand?

Nop... but I might be wrong

APSMS

Growables can influence areas, but they cannot actually satisfy health demands. Peg released his Krispy Kreme lot a few years ago, and the ploppable functions as a police kiosk with cars. The growable, when working properly, increases police presence in the area (makes crime less likely to occur) but doesn't actually do anything else. When it doesn't work well, the game thinks that it's an underfunded police kiosk and causes strikes to occur at the restaurant.

You can cause a growable to influence health in the area, but you won't actually be able to service sick Sims from a growable building. Only ploppable hospitals have patient capacity. The health effect of a growable can be positive, but in general it won't be able to due much more than provide passive influence.

Since the game doesn't actually simulate sick Sims anyway, the best method is rather to run a clean and educated city, and this will reduce the number of Sims "showing up" in your plopped hospitals and clinics (they don't actually show up like in SC2013--they are pretend numbers based off of pollution, education, and population factors in the area).
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation