• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

remove water/sea

Started by tvrcars, November 20, 2013, 08:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvrcars

hi i have been looking for a water/sea remover while playing the game, i have seen people use it in game but never could find it.
I dont know if its a mod or tool or addon. I think that it works when the game is paused or in god mode the water is removed and you can see the sea bed. i dont know if you can adjust the shoreline while you can see the sea bed, any help would be great.

I did manage to find
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/20378-blam-sea-level-mod/
http://uoem.com/forums/threads/sea-level-mod.15476/
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27063-highseas-lowseas-mod/

I dont think that theses are the things im looking for or are they?

many thanks

Rady

If you are looking for a way to have a clear view at your terrain when modelling (underwater segments of) coastlines, you can use the "water pollution" overview (form the mayors "overview" menu, the same where you can select the education, traffic, etc. overview). This will make water nearly invisible.
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

tvrcars

i didnt know that one, thank you!!  But one slight problem I cant adjust the shoreline while in that mode, I was thinking that there was a mod out there that you can use during game play to remove the water and adjust the shoreline as you want it

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/20378-blam-sea-level-mod/ this one is not bad just have to take terrain mod out for it to work &idea

I think i might be able to work with it

many thanks for the help

Indiana Joe

Quote from: tvrcars on November 20, 2013, 05:16:56 PM
i didnt know that one, thank you!!  But one slight problem I cant adjust the shoreline while in that mode, I was thinking that there was a mod out there that you can use during game play to remove the water and adjust the shoreline as you want it

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/20378-blam-sea-level-mod/ this one is not bad just have to take terrain mod out for it to work &idea

I think i might be able to work with it

many thanks for the help

You can easily edit your terrain mod to change the sea level.  It's as easy as opening it with the Reader, looking for the value called SeaLevel, and changing it.  Just don't forget to save.

There is also a cheat (CTRL + X) that does exactly what you want--all the water disappears.  The downside is that it usually breaks bridges and some other things.  Setsealevel is the cheat code.

Swordmaster

Even better: for terraforming purposes, change your WaterDepthForMaxAlpha to 250 and WaterMinAlpha to 0x00; this will make your water completely transparent instead of removing it, so you'll still be able to see your actual waterline.

Cheers
Willy

vortext

Or set 'DisplayWaterSurface' to false.  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Rady

Quote from: tvrcars on November 20, 2013, 05:16:56 PM
i didnt know that one, thank you!!  But one slight problem I cant adjust the shoreline while in that mode

?? Why is that? I'm doing it this way for decades now (well, make it years, probably  ;D)

Select "Water pollution" mode
Select terraforming tool
Change tool settings with F1 .. F10 and Shift-F1 ..-F10
Terraform

What problem is it that you are encountering?
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

APSMS

He's probably using the God Mode tools, which without a specific mod by Pegasus will send you out of the data view (Mayor mode only). I can attest that this is the case, though if you use the mod that adds the god-mode tools to the mayor mode menu, or simply use mayor terraforming, your method will work, and wonderfully so.

I think that's what's going on here.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

mrbisonm

Here's what I do. It's simple, quick and effective.

Let's say I want to build some seawalls without actually using the seawalls, but using other textured lots, such as supporting walls and at the same time I want to make special terraforming of the shore, this is what to do:

- Open city
- Open Cheat window (Ctrl + C)
- type in setsealevel 0 respecting the space between word and the number.
- Water is gone and the terrain is free to build whatever you want to. (Just make sure that you don't do this in a "fullgrown" city, it will destroy harbours, bridges etc. You will have to rebuild them once the water level is back)
- Save city when done and exit
- Re-enter city and voila....the water is back with all the shoreline and seafloor changes you have done. Save again.

Of course, and I hope you know this, you should make a save copy of that cityfile before you do the changes, just in case it (or you) screws up. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Swordmaster

Quote from: vortext on November 21, 2013, 12:39:25 AM
Or set 'DisplayWaterSurface' to false.  ;)

Okay. But fiddling with the other two might teach you a thing and help you tweak your terrain settings ;)

Besides, with large bodies of water DisplayWaterSurface = false may give graphical errors.

Cheers
Willy

Rady

Quote from: mrbisonm on November 21, 2013, 05:26:22 AM
Just make sure that you don't do this in a "fullgrown" city, it will destroy harbours, bridges etc.

Yes, that's where water pollution enters the stage  :P And yes, once I come to think of it, it's the mayor mode terraforming tools I use, since they are sufficient for that purpose (modelling shorelines on a tile-per-tile base, that is).

tvrcars

ok you lot have better methods than me  :D This is what was doing loading up the city with a mod that takes the water away so i can adjust the shore line, I know that i can use the god or mayor mode for fine adjustment but it is slow going with it I lkie to use roads as a leveling tool, I also wanted to put in beaches etc at least this way i can still use the slope mod that i have fitted so i can have a nice slope for the beaches. I don't have a clue on adjusting the terrain mod thats why i was looking for a quick fix.

I havent started building on the tiles yet so i think the best option is setsealevel 0

Think Im just a tad picky in the way i make the terrain

again thank you for all the ideas and replies  $%Grinno$%

mrbisonm

You can use the roads to level the seafloors after the setsealevel 0, I do it all the time. ;)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Kitsune

I know a trace out my coast line first - and then level it all out. Makes for some interesting seawalls. But the issue I always had is that I can be perfection at times and use the setsealevel cheat after I do some developing - and this leads to some roads suddenly disappearing. Is there a drop in mod that removes the sea level?
~ NAM Team Member

NCGAIO

Quote from: Kitsune on November 21, 2013, 02:03:30 PM...... Is there a drop in mod that removes the sea level?

There are several ... the Blam below  also provides different levels.

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/20378-blam-sea-level-mod/