• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

My SIM

Started by sobol, June 27, 2007, 09:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sobol

Where are they stored in the files?  I can't find them.
I've got nothing.

Swamper77

They are stored in the SimCity_1.dat file. Whatever changes you are planning to make to them, I suggest that you don't actually edit the SimCity_1,dat file itself.

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

sobol

I can't make changes, I am not that good.  I wanted to import some new MYSIM's to replace the ones already there.  On the STEX, I found a file with a bunch of MYSIM .png's, and I was wondering where to place these extra ones.

I was trying to save some money since that would be the only purpose for it...  if it can't be done, I guess I will have to crack openan OG The SIM's.
I've got nothing.

sobol

I've got nothing.

Swamper77

Sobol,

I took a look at the file on the STEX. From the looks of it, I assume you just copy the files from it to your plugins, minus all the BMP files. There is a DAT file called MySims in the download, and I guess that is what contains the Sims. Once installed, I'd assume they would be available once you start the process of inserting a Sim into your city.

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

sobol

Quote from: Swamper77 on July 01, 2007, 07:26:50 AM
Sobol,

I took a look at the file on the STEX. From the looks of it, I assume you just copy the files from it to your plugins, minus all the BMP files. There is a DAT file called MySims in the download, and I guess that is what contains the Sims. Once installed, I'd assume they would be available once you start the process of inserting a Sim into your city.

-Swamper77

I will try again.

Thanks.
I've got nothing.

sobol

Nope.  Didn't work.  I think they have to be imported somehow.  I haven't a clue as to how to do it. ()sad()
I've got nothing.

Swamper77

Sobol,

I'm afraid I can't provide any more help with your issue. I hardly ever use the MySim system in the game anymore. I used to, but I used the defaults that that are provided by the game. These days, I only use the MySim system to check on automata that are provided by other creators or myself. &mmm

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

sobol

Ah, well...  thank you for your help anyways.
I've got nothing.