• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Train Automata Replacements?

Started by BigSlark, June 28, 2007, 10:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

Hello,

I have several freight train replacements installed but I am looking for some variety in the passenger train world.

I have found the TGV's and other high speed trains on the STEX and a bunch of AMTRAK stuff as well.

Currently I'm using BRF's Amtrak California set and I was hoping some good EMU's (Electric Multiple Unit) existed on German websites, as I would like to install SFBT's new catenary in my new region.

I have checked the Japanese sites listed elsewhere at SC4D and haven't found anything really interesting. So, I was hoping the magnificent Germans like Andreas could help me out.

If not, well, I guess I'll hit the Requests board next.

Thanks,

Cheers,
Kevin

Andreas

The only German trains I'm aware of were made by oppie, they should be available at SimCityCentral. Kenworth has BATted a German RegionalExpress (regional train), but we'll have to find someone who can convert it into automata:

Andreas

BigSlark

Thanks Andreas.

I'm probably going to go with the Dutch double-deck regional train.

On a different note, does no one know how to make automata since BRF and oppie left the community?

Cheers,
Kevin

Andreas

There are very few people who know it, Swamper77 and vester_DK being two of them (who are still active).
Andreas

vester

Well I hadn't a lot of time lately. Still have a lot of reading to do for my new work.

Swamper77

I could give it a shot, but I will need the GMAX files (or the 3DS files if they have them) to do it.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

vester

The files are on their way to Jan.  ;)

Swamper77

Thanks Vester. Unfortunately, the model files are only of the engine and not the passenger cars. However, I did get started with the conversion process. I will post pics later in my "Garage" thread when I have something more than a "floating" box....

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

vester

Andreas: Could you aks Kenworth upload model files for the passenger cars to the SFBT exchange ?

Andreas

Eh, don't use that model, it's outdated. I've uploaded the most current files as "SFBT_Regional_Train.zip" to the SFBT testcenter (in Kenworth's folder). The models include:

- SFBT_BR143_abgestellt - parked electric locomotive
- SFBT_BR143_Licht_TO - running electric locomotive (with lights)
- SFBT_Dosto_first_class - bilevel car first class
- SFBT_Dosto_second_class - bilevel car second class
- SFBT_Dosto_Steuerwagen_abgestellt - parked control car
- SFBT_Dosto_Steuerwagen_Licht - running control car (with lights)
- SFBT_Dosto_Steuerwagen_Abschluss - control car (variation)

Pick the running locomotive with lights and the second class bilevel car for the automata. Most regional trains have one first class car and several second class cars, and since the game would mix two different cars, I guess it's safer to install only one...
Andreas

vester

Well, we could make the first class appear fewer times than the second class, by adding one or two extra second class cars and only one first class.

I am looking forward to retexture these when done, maybe even remodel the locomotive.

Andreas

Hmm, that could be feasible, although it would look odd to have one first class car right behind the locomotive and one at the end of the train (or any other mixture). Still better than nothing, I guess. ;) I'd love to have the control car as last car, but it's too bad that Maxis thought of that only for freight trains (which is highly unusual for European trains)...
Andreas

BigSlark

Swamper77

Thanks for taking up this project, we need more automata variety and I know this will fit the ticket for several players here.

Cheers,
Kevin

Andreas

@Jan: Kenworth sends a big "Thank you" for taking up the project.  :thumbsup:
Andreas

Swamper77

No problem, everyone. This gives me something to do besides my own projects. After further thoughts, I'm wondering if I should post the progress of the automata conversions here or in my "Garage" thread?

@Andreas: Tell Kenworth that I have no problem with doing this and that I said "You're welcome".

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Andreas

Quote from: Swamper77 on June 30, 2007, 02:02:48 PM
No problem, everyone. This gives me something to do besides my own projects. After further thoughts, I'm wondering if I should post the progress of the automata conversions here or in my "Garage" thread?

As you want - after all, it's you who's doint the conversion work. :) If you want, you can also post it in the SFBT forum or whereever.

Quote@Andreas: Tell Kenworth that I have no problem with doing this and that I said "You're welcome".

Will do. :)
Andreas

Swamper77

Andreas,

Uh, slight problem: The files that were uploaded are just SC4Model/Desc files &mmm. I need the actual GMAX scenes of the cars to build the automata versions. Could you or Kenworth please upload the GMAX scenes and the image files used by them so I can continue after I finish the engine? Thanks.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Kenworth

Quote from: Swamper77 on June 30, 2007, 02:53:18 PM
Andreas,

Uh, slight problem: The files that were uploaded are just SC4Model/Desc files &mmm. I need the actual GMAX scenes of the cars to build the automata versions. Could you or Kenworth please upload the GMAX scenes and the image files used by them so I can continue after I finish the engine? Thanks.

-Jan

Ok, but i make it tomorrow or on Monday ;) Which file's do you need?

mfg,
Kenny

*sry for my bad english  &mmm

Andreas

Quote from: Swamper77 on June 30, 2007, 02:53:18 PM

D'oh, that's the result when you read a posting in rush, sorry.  &ops  Well, Kenworth should have all files. :)
Andreas

Swamper77

Quote from: Kenworth on June 30, 2007, 03:21:57 PM
Ok, but i make it tomorrow or on Monday ;) Which file's do you need?

mfg,
Kenny

*sry for my bad english  &mmm

Kenworth, I would like the following:

Monday will be fine for getting the files to me/uploaded to the SFBT Test Center. I will be gone for most of the day tomorrow (Sunday). BTW, your English isn't bad at all ;)

@Everyone: Development of the automata for this train set is taking place in my "Garage" thread in the BSC Creations Section

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!