• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

romualdillo's little BATs & Problems

Started by romualdillo, May 21, 2014, 09:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c.p.

This is going to be a great set.  :thumbsup: The color variations look really good to me.  Also, I like that the buildings are a couple of different widths.

romualdillo

Vizoria, Simcoug, c.p.: Thank you all for your comments!!!!

New corner version of Casa Arcos:

I hope you like it!!! Next to come: colour variations.

vester

The doors looks a bit tall. Maybe add some steps to it.
Not sure, but I think they should go into the foundations.

romualdillo

This is the complete model, without being separated in two different LOD boxes (house and foundation). The house's LOD is bigger than the building, to prevent it from looking half buried. c.p. told me about that, and I think it's the best working method.

The doors of these houses may be really tall, especially when the interior floor is higher than the street level. Here you have an example (yes, it's the original Marchiaro building). Here you can see that the door's size is taller than 3,5 meters. (plus the window over it)

source: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=400186

frukox

I really loved how you built the roof. So neat! Keep up the good work, dude!  &apls

c.p.

The corner building turned out great.  :thumbsup: The door does look slightly little odd to me, but should work better on a steep slope than a shorter door would.

vester

Ahh there was a reason.

Sometimes the size of things on computer can look messed up, specially if you compares bats.
Like the way you done the stairs on the outside.

art128

The foundations are really nice, good work. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

romualdillo

Thank you all for your comments!!!

I don't know if I'm doing the best representation of this type of house. Normally they have very high ceilings (4,5 to 5 meters) (15-17 feet), so all the elements look very tall. The doors look even taller if the interior floor is higher than the street level. There can be shops between the floor and the street level, too. I play with this height to hide the stairs on small slopes and to avoid that the building gets buried by the slope on bigger ones. It works OK for me, but if you see something that has to be changed, please tell me!  :thumbsup:

Simcoug

Great work again - the foundations are top notch! 
I actually like those tall doors - I think they compliment the style of buildings and they look quite elegant.   :thumbsup:

romualdillo

Thank you Simcoug!!!

I think this is going more slowly than I thought, but here's the progress:

Next to come: The blind back wall variation... Step by step

c.p.

I like the color variations :thumbsup:
The overall quality of this, with all the intricate details, the excellent texturing, the slope handling, etc, is really impressive.

noahclem

Your progress is looking excellent  &apls  I can't say enough good things about those foundations and the slope tolerance :)

vortext

Yep yep yep, my sentiments exactly. The houses are fantastic,the foundations are icing on the cake!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Romualdillo has shown a great variety of creations in his thread while gaining more knowledge of the BAT. Come see what surprises he has for us during the month of December in the OSITM!

On behalf of the SC4Devotion Of Special Interest This Month Committee, congratulations!

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Congratulations Romualdillo  &apls  This is a very well-deserved honor!

romualdillo

Thank you very much!!! It's a great honour!! I feel really overwhelmed, and I'll try to do my best during this month.

As OSITM first update I want to share with you a little building I started long time ago. It's based (or copied, or inspired, or whatever...) on a building in Viareggio, Italy: a little CS$$$ bookstore. It still has all the problems of my older buildings: colour saturation, depth, roof texture... But it's a sample of the commercial buildings I want to add to the set in the future.

I hope you like it!!! Be patient, it's not finished at all!!  ;D

vester

noahclem

Very nice  &apls  It's neat to see a different style from you and this one seems really unique. It could fit in very nicely in Arabic style city as well.

vortext

Congratulations on being OSITM! Well deserved indeed!  &apls

The shop facade is very nice, I like that kind of art deco-ish design a lot!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana