• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Farms North of Grasmere () My SC4 MD Scrapbook

Started by Vizoria, October 08, 2014, 02:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelis

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls x100 !!

Man your work is stunning, not only the things that you can create in the game, but the quality of your pictures and updates and not even that, to me the most important is that you are able to update your MD frequently and always with a loooooot of High quality pictures.

I'm not going to say "keep up the good work" cause I know you will  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

kbieniu7

All those raillines and railyards sewing everything all together... &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Gugu3

Vizoria

Replies:

maharadjahdesaboum: Thanks a lot for your comment!

Akallan: I hope your memory recovers soon. I hope it is nothing too serious?

Simmer2:thumbsup:

Seaman: With each city tile I work on I always find new lots, bats, MMPs and other items to increase variety. Especially important is filler variety, particularly the trees.

vinlabsc3k: Erinsberg took about three months to complete, it was a real slog and it became increasingly harder as I filled in every area. There were issues with saving and CTDs which cost many hours of progress.

manga rivotra: I know how to make the most out of lots. That's why I am so grateful for Simmer2's work as it was sorely needed for railyard variety.

feyss: Thank you!

kelis: There's about another nine or so updates from Erinsberg and a few other things afterwards, then I'm done. So this MD will be busy during this month and the next. Furthermore I am taking more pictures than usual and creating more mosaics because I really want to cover every angle. That's why I'm now photoshopping to add further variety.

kbieniu7: What is heavy industry without dem railways?

Gugu3: Cheers!

{---}

Entry 69: Vellum Drive

A rather wealthy area of Erinsberg, Vellum Drive is located immediately south of the west part of Downtown. Enjoy the greenery and a lot of W2W!

NOTE: I noticed that the SC4D imaging format crops pictures to the right. This occurs in other MDs to.

{---}

Vellum Drive is in the centre, and in the right of, the picture.

The west side contains the diagonal housing.

Making use of Simcoug's R$$ diagonal housing.

I wish there were more diagonal RCI buildings and diagonal corner RCI. Still, one can dream...

This bit of the city was hard to get right because the edges of these houses spawned onto the sides of the black roads.

It took some patience and a lot of plopping but the end result was definitely worth it.

In the green area is the Monty Python Care Home for the Criminally Insane.

Moving deeper into Vellum Drive...

The west half of the Vellum Drive is mainly filled in with shops and hotels.

Making use of Mattb325's British W2W buildings. The W2W corner church is my favourite- http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2762.

This part of Erinsberg is mainly pre 20th century.

This FAR corner building is the only one I am aware of.

JonM created this seven years ago, what a genius! http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/22205-jon-orthtofar-a/

Now we move on to the eastern half of Vellum Drive.

Though the housing looks cheaper, the amount of greenery and the proximity to Downtown means a great markup in house prices and so attracts the middle classes; particularly those trying to find a foothold in the upscale areas of Erinsberg.

The avenue marks the eastern boundary of Vellum Drive.

John Whitehead Park.

benno2005 created this very large park- http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28795-park-20x10-would-make-a-good-city-park/.

A foggy morning for Vellum Drive.

The plazas in the centre are part of Simcoug's W2W R$$ neighbourhood set- http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3267. VERY useful fillers!

And an overview of the east side of Vellum Drive.

One final overview.

{---}

This Friday- Delanio Marketplace.

kbieniu7

Photo no 7 - I think it's the best low-rise diagonal w2w area I've ever seen. &apls could you tell me who is the author of those buildings?  Is that cp?

Photo no 19 - This small square between curved tenement and an intersection - for me it's extraordinary shot!

Themistokles

A diagonal FLUP?! :o

Wonderful set of pictures... and so many! &apls
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

kelis

I almost have no time, and this update requires a lot of time to make a good comment, at this moment I just will say. Fantastic as always but...

I will back later to make a longer comment  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Simmer2

Your attention to details is just phenomenal  &apls
________________________________________________________________________________

There are a few times, you announced that you stop SC4 to go play CS. Do not make that mistake Vizoria! You are made to SC4, your images are breathtaking, and I never tire of watching them. I hope you continue SC4! ()stsfd()

Congratulations! &apls

Quote from: Vizoria on October 04, 2016, 12:05:52 PM
Akallan: I hope your memory recovers soon. I hope it is nothing too serious?
I also hope we'll see. There is nothing too serious. ;)

Vizoria

Replies:

kbieniu7: Simcoug created the diagonal versions of these bats- http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29000-simcougs-diagonal-w2w-tenements/. As for picture 19, I wanted the pavement to have symmetry with the building.

Themistokles: Correction, a mirrored orthogonal FLUP.

kelis: Cheers!

Simmer2: One thing I focus on is parking, this helps with fillers and infilling city blocks. I also try and create parking entrances with streets to visually connect a non- transit-enabled parking lot to the road adjacent.

Akallan: I've already stopped playing SC4. I don't have the time to play CS and the spare time I do have is focused on story writing. Erinsberg will be my highlight and then that's it for this MD. I'm hoping when it is all done I should get to 500 replies and above, then this MD will be moved into the classics and I call it a day!

{---}

Entry 70: Delanio's Marketplace

Located immediately west of Erinsberg's city centre, this area is one of the most varied commercial areas I have ever created. It incorporates USA, UK, French, European, Japanese, Hong Kong and even South American buildings.

NOTE: Maximize these pictures! SC4D keeps clipping the right part of my pictures!

{---}

The east side of Delanio's Marketplace has quite a few skyscrapers, but moving westwards and this changes to tower blocks and eventually rather large mid-rise buildings.

Parking, parking, parking... If it isn't large multi-story car parks then it will be underground car parks.

The wide W2W grey building is one of Jasoncw's creations, 994 Vargas Avenue- http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31028-994-vargas-avenue/.

Bang in the centre is Mattb325's CBS Columbia Square Television Station- http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30921-cbs-columbia-square-television-station/.

The east side of Delanio's Marketplace is dominated by skyscrapers and tall office blocks.

With wider city blocks I added plazas, car parks and/or green areas to complete them.

W2W NYBT works every time.

The building with the diagonal front/promenade is one of Kellydale2003's creations- http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29054-u-of-w-science-complex/.

The tower block in the centre was published by sparkythepenguin, I recommend downloading all his files on the STEX because there are plenty of useful tower blocks and mid-rise buildings. Link here- http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/19489-green-wyatt-us-federal-building/.

In the centre right of the picture is Delanio's Marketplace itself. In the 19th century it was the hub of most trade and commerce in Erinsberg. Now it is overshadowed by the tower blocks and urban growth.

Latour Park.

Some of xannepan's Paris buildings on display.

St Paul's Cathedral.

Created by Reddonquixote- .

[img width=1024http://imageshack.com/a/img922/3890/TZgrtL.jpg[/img]http://I added FrankU's Dutch plazas and parks to perfect this city block.

An overview of Delanio's Marketplace at night...

And at day.

{---}

The next entry is Anthlem, a wealthy suburb just north of Erinsberg's city centre. The next entry after that is the 150th one and is something special.

Note: On the Simtropolis version I have posted almost 150 entries, this despite the SC4D version saying I've posted about 70 entries.

kbieniu7

150 entries! Wow  :shocked2: That's a lot of content, especially with your tendency to "overload" each one :D

You've said, you've mixed several styles in the city. For me, the first photo feels like London - maybe because of the cathedral ;) And the skyscrapers, different midrises fitting w2w layout. Only it's not that narrow :D

I love, how you pay attention to plazas and squares, how you merge diagonal puzzles with surrounding lots, like there:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img921/9493/4l2jSg.jpg

And thanks for the link  :thumbsup:

art128

QuoteMaximize these pictures! SC4D keeps clipping the right part of my pictures!

That's because SC4D image size limit is 1024 pixel wide. This was put in place because there are people browsing the website who are still using monitors with low resolutions. Using "width=1024" in the first img code will work by resizing the picture and allowing people to click on them to show the full resolution. ( )

I have to admit I am no fan of the high contrast, but still great work all around. Great mix of different building style too.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Vizoria

Quote from: art128 on October 09, 2016, 07:02:36 AM
QuoteMaximize these pictures! SC4D keeps clipping the right part of my pictures!

That's because SC4D image size limit is 1024 pixel wide. This was put in place because there are people browsing the website who are still using monitors with low resolutions. Using "width=1024" in the first img code will work by resizing the picture and allowing people to click on them to show the full resolution. ( )

I've done that and there is still the same problem. As I said SC4D clips pictures to the right and this is something which afflicts all recent MDs I've seen.

art128

You're resizing your picture to 1280px not 1024px, though. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

Vizoria

Quote from: art128 on October 09, 2016, 07:48:20 AM
You're resizing your picture to 1280px not 1024px, though. :)

Right, about six or seven weeks ago I would input the "width=1024" command and the page would show the full picture, except they would be compressed. Clicking on these pictures would then expand them to their proper dimension and would require use of the cursor to scroll rightwards to see all of the picture.

Now, currently SC4D clips the right of the pictures no matter what I input. Even without the "width=1024" command the pictures are clipped on the right side. With the "width=1024 command" the pictures are clipped on the right side. Something has changed in SC4D in the last six or seven weeks. This something is causing EVERYONE's pictures to be clipped on the right side.

Got it?

vortext

Hm, the clipping might be something browser related because I'm not having the issue on my end, with firefox. More people seeing clipping images?

Also, thoroughly enjoyed the latest updates as always. Think I've said this before but imho your MD is the pinnacle of putting all the content to excellent use.  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Can you post a screenshot of the clipping? As Vortext I am using Firefox and never noticed any "clipping" of the pictures to the right.

Props & Texture Catalog

COLOSSAL ! :popcorn:

You are in my opinion one of the best to build in urban areas and with equal diagonals! &apls

Vizoria

Quote from: art128 on October 09, 2016, 09:50:00 AM
Can you post a screenshot of the clipping? As Vortext I am using Firefox and never noticed any "clipping" of the pictures to the right.

I would like to printscreen the issue but for some reason my computer freezes everytime I do so. Now, I use Firefox myself and if other users are not seeing this clipping, and it is only an issue that is affecting me, then it isn't a problem.

noahclem

Vizoria's MD is always good for a great read and a true inspiration to players looking to take their cities to the next level. There's a level of realism in these pictures that seems to blur the line between SC4 and real life and as he presents the full spectrum of his neighborhoods, from the low density suburbs to towering city centers and from green spaces and countryside to urban plazas and complex, curving, and diagonal W2W and mid-rise areas, the skill is clear and the techniques are shared. I'm proud to announce Vizoria's My SC4 MD Scrapbook's second Of Special Interest This Month as part of our 10th Birthday festivities!