• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Creating lot with overhanging building. Help needed!

Started by Natuurzoon, October 28, 2014, 12:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natuurzoon

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a lot with an overhanging building that i once downloaded. The problem that i get is that i have no actual clue how to do this.

When searching simtropolis and sc4devotion, the only threads i found said that you should either render your BAT off-center (not my own BAT, so no can do) or convert the building to a prop by using PIM-X.

A major problem is that i haven't got the slightest clue how to use PIM-X. I find an extremely difficult program to use, and there are (at least not for me) no decent tutorials or user guides available, so the program remains a complete mystery to me.

I could use some proper step by step guideline how to achieve this, so help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance

vortext

It's actually quite possible and easy to off-set a BAT with Cogeo's excellent ModelTweaker. And on that note the SC4PIM is also quite straightforward to use. For a lot you first create the building exemplar (aka desc file) and then make the lot, as explained here and here. Now, making a prop exemplar is similar to creating a building exemplar, you drag the BAT to appropriate category under the prop tree on the left hand side. Hope this helps.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Natuurzoon