• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Dark Nite, how does it work?

Started by Boeing777300ER, December 23, 2014, 02:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boeing777300ER

Hi all, I think I am missing something as I have updated my SC4 Deluxe with both Maxis updates to enable NAM and Dark Nite buildings but I still cannot get any buildings to light up in dark mode. Additonally I have installed Simfox's Day n Nite mod, but still no lighting. Should I have added anything else to enable the lighting effects? I should add that vehicles are showing lights, just not the buildings.

Best regards, Dave

HappyDays

If you're using a disk version of the game, I would wager one of the patches failed to properly install. The executable must be at version 1.1.640.0 for nightlights to function correctly. If it isn't, nuke your installation and try the patches again, making sure they are for the same region your game is for.

If you have Windows Vista or above, run the patching programs as an administrator just in case some kind of permission issue is causing problems.

All the Dark Nite mod does is alter the darkness of night...buildings can be specially made to look better under these lighting conditions, but nothing about the mod alters how the game's engine does anything. It is, in the end, merely a normal mod with all limitations associated with.