• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4D Forums and LEX Downloads are very slow!

Started by nekomaster, March 25, 2015, 11:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nekomaster

I use to enjoy coming here because LEX was faster then SimTropolis for downloads and dependencies, but these days the website seems to be striken by the same slow speeds as Simtropolis

Sometimes it takes up to a minute to load a forum page or thread, and may take 3-4 minutes just to download a 1MB file. This has been going on for a while now and today its really bad.

I know its not my internet connection, I live in Ontario Canada with a 15mbps connection and everything else runs smoothly (youtube, downloads from other websites, torrent downloads of legal things like linux distros). SC4Devotion and SimTropolis are the few websites that seem to be VERY slow these days and I'm surprised that nobody has really said anything about it.

Is anyone else getting slow speeds?

vortext

Yeah the connection last couple of days been spotty and it has been noted.

Thanks for registering on the forums too btw, hope you enjoy it as much as the LEX.  :)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

nekomaster

Quote from: vortext on March 25, 2015, 12:47:30 PM
Yeah the connection last couple of days been spotty and it has been noted.

Thanks for registering on the forums too btw, hope you enjoy it as much as the LEX.  :)

Thanks for the welcome, I mostly registered here so I could lodge this small complaint/problem, at least I know its not just me and someone else knows of the problem. I hope that things get fixed soon as both Simtropolis and LEX are pretty much unusable to me at the moment (STEX search is down as well as "view other files from this creator" or something like that)

Anyways, thanks again, I dunno what else I'll be doing around here, as I don't really follow projects or peoples city building projects/journals.