• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Random idea for terraformable water, anyone else ever thought of this?

Started by JAYJAY138, October 08, 2015, 03:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAYJAY138

i was thinking, that it would be so much more awesome if the ''water table'' in sc4 were a separately manipulable grid of its own, forgive me for not knowing the exact tech talk here. What i mean is, that the land and water would each be terra(aqua?) formable, so that you could underlay the water table to match your landscape, putting in lakes ponds and streams at multiple altitudes, even waterfalls. they would all function normally like water with boats and marinas et.c , so when you start out in god mode, you have a blue water square, and a land square, you would terraform the water using the same tools as the land, but independently from the land. So you wopuld raise up your mountain, create a depression in the side of it, and then click on to show the water underneath, and raise it up , using the level tool to make it flat on top, or sloping it to match your hillside for a stream, in the spots where you wanted ponds, streams, or waterfalls.  It seems like this would be super easy to do and i was wondering if anyone else had ever thought of this. i realize that it would be a huge mod if even possible, but i think it's worth posing the idea to maxis . Anyways just a thought. Happy building!  :)

noahclem

The inflexible water table is one of the biggest problem with sc4 and unfortunately doesn't appear to be fixable. The closest thing to what you're suggesting is the Poseidon mod which is a bit difficult and finicky but does make possible "game" water above sealevel and waterfalls. You can also edit sealevel in reader but you can still only have one sealevel at a time.

JAYJAY138

Any way at all of brainstorming in the future by some mad simcity scientist to make a flexible water level, that can be viewed separately from the land level?