• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WMP dependencies

Started by tomvsotis, October 23, 2015, 05:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomvsotis

Does anyone have the dependencies for the WMP Rural Dock sets, and if so, could you do me a big favor and stick them in Dropbox or something for me to download? They were only available on the WMP site, as far as I know, and that site went down a few days ago. Specifically, I'm after the following files:

wmp_rdock_docks01.dat
wmp_rdock_docks02.dat
wmp_rdock_props01.dat
wmp_rdock_props02.dat
wmp_rdock_vehicle_props.dat
wmp_texture07.dat

If anyone could help it'd be v much appreciated! :)

manga rivotra

I've the 3 first on your list if you want. How works the dropbox ?

catty

hopefully WMP being down is just a temporary problem, if not and it stays down, I'm happy to do the same thing as I did for the Maxis official plugins when the site they were on was deleted, I was on WMP recently making sure my index list was up-to-date

http://city-builders.info/cb-documents/11-catalog-by-website/38-working-man-productions-exchange-wmp

Or the same thing that happened to the PLEX when Simpeg went down could be done ie upload it to the STEX   :)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

catty

:crytissue:

I've just checked and the site name is up for sale
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

tomvsotis

Quote from: manga rivotra on October 23, 2015, 05:32:31 PM
I've the 3 first on your list if you want. How works the dropbox ?

Oh, fantastic, thank you! You can upload them to https://dropitto.me/thawking — password is "thankyou" :)

tomvsotis

Quote from: catty on October 23, 2015, 06:12:25 PM
:crytissue:

I've just checked and the site name is up for sale

Yeah, from what I understand, the guy who made all WMP's stuff passed away, sadly - I guess whoever was maintaining the site has let the domain registration lapse :(

manga rivotra

i've just put the file in the drop box. Hope it's works  :)

catty

Quote from: tomvsotis on October 23, 2015, 06:44:55 PM
...the guy who made all WMP's stuff passed away, sadly - I guess whoever was maintaining the site has let the domain registration lapse

Yes I used to "speak" to him quite often when he was alive, as his site continued after his death I just assumed something had been organised ... I've got all the files that were on WMP obviously some of the people that uploaded files to his site are still active and it will be their decision as to what they do with their work now the site has gone, but as for the other files that were on his site ... ?

Hopefully they will end up on the STEX if not then I'm happy to discuss adding them over here

http://city-builders.info/cbex

Especially when it comes to the dependencies.

-catty

noahclem

Really a bummer to lose that site :/  For people like me that appreciate HD and thorough detailing it was really a neat place. Was actually planning to pay a visit yesterday before I saw this after starting plans on a ferry terminal. I think I have most of the things I need from wmp but love a chance to check for sure. They'd most certainly be welcome additions to the LEX.

djp

Don't panic People :D

Just a clerical error at my end whist updating some domain settings and files on my server.

Everything is where is should be, just the domain name is probably pointed to the wrong folder on my server.

I'll fix this a little later today and get everything back to how it should be.

I've got all of Doc's stuff backed up on my HDD and domain names are in my name and auto-renew, so I can always restore things if the worst happens.

I don't really have much time for SC4 lately, so am a bit out of the loop if there are any issues with the sites.

David

compdude787

Oh good. Almost thought we'd lost another site just after having lost SimPeg.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

catty

Quote from: djp on October 24, 2015, 04:16:00 AM
...I'll fix this a little later today and get everything back to how it should be.

I've got all of Doc's stuff backed up on my HDD and domain names are in my name and auto-renew, so I can always restore things if the worst happens....

Really good news   ()stsfd()  after SimPeg disappearing the way it did you immediately assume the worse when it happens to another site

-catty

mgb204

This is good news. I admit I went on a binge to make sure I had all the WMP stuff shortly after SimPeg's demise. It's great to know that someone is ensuring Doc's legacy will be kept going  :thumbsup:

tomvsotis

djp

I've amended the settings on my server, so hopefully everything will return to normal in the next 24 hours....

Maybe time to dust of the disks and see what has changed in the last 18months :thumbsup:

catty

Quote from: djp on October 25, 2015, 02:51:13 AM
...so hopefully everything will return to normal in the next 24 hours....

its looking good in New Zealand   :thumbsup: