• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Coming Back to SC4 After a Year, Need Mod Recommendations

Started by idealfiasco, August 17, 2016, 03:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idealfiasco

Last time I really sat down to play modded SimCity 4 was probably a couple years ago, or at the very least, before the release of Cities Skylines. I am wondering what mods I should get to enhance my experience of SimCity 4. I already have downloaded some mods, specifically NAM and some random buildings with the dependencies. I am looking for really anything cool that could fit in an American-Canadian setting, ie Seattle, Montreal, or Asheville, NC. I would prefer for these mods to be from this file exchange since from what I recall I used to find many of the best mods on here, however, if there are some good buildings on the Simtropolis forum, I won't mind trying to find them.

art128

From simtropolis check out the stuff from Jasoncw and BSP/Mipro in general. I have a feeling you'll like it.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

idealfiasco

Quote from: art128 on August 17, 2016, 03:23:06 PM
From simtropolis check out the stuff from Jasoncw and BSP/Mipro in general. I have a feeling you'll like it.
I checked out both and your prediction was spot on. There were buildings that were not massive, such as the Empire State Building, but look to match medium sized American cities. The buildings I downloaded should work, however, I am still looking for more so that there can be a variety of buildings in my cities. Thank you for your recommendation.

art128

I've moved to thread to the "Where can I find this..." area as I see it fits more here.

On the LEX check out marcszar and Jbsimio. Search for NYBT stuff on the STEX too. Most of it is more toward creating a New York replica, however they have some nice smaller buildings that would fit what you want. There's also ABBT on the STEX too.

Still on the STEX you have stuff made by scotty222, Diego Del Llano, sparkythepenguin made a lot of buildings from Portland that are really nice. IDS2 made some great content too.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog