• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bridges

Started by Mikey Knox, November 02, 2016, 06:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey Knox

Does someone know where i can get these great Bridges?

Tyberius06

I would like to know too.
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

art128

Probably nowhere. I don't know where you found the pictures but I suspect those were very early concept that never went over the concept stage.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mgb204

I'm pretty sure there are huge implementation issues with such dual network bridges. Whilst the TiR bridge made it into the NAM, I don't know of another such bridge.

As such, it might help if you could link to the thread with the pictures. That way we can see what progress was made, if any, with these. Most of those in the first picture could be replicated, by building the bridge, using the appropriate transitions to move the road network over a tile. Then adding Rail/GLR/Whatever to Subway ramps to carry the traffic that's not supported by the bridge.

Mikey Knox

Quote from: art128 on November 02, 2016, 07:35:05 AM
Probably nowhere. I don't know where you found the pictures but I suspect those were very early concept that never went over the concept stage.

You think so? They look to me they where working

mgb204

Without integration into the NAM, no bridge will work. It's possible to circumvent this for your own personal use, who knows what they did? Hence if we could see where the pictures are from, it might provide a clue.

q2951415

Mikey Knox

Quote from: mgb204 on November 02, 2016, 07:41:35 AM
As such, it might help if you could link to the thread with the pictures. That way we can see what progress was made, if any, with these.

I found it here, but the DL is broken  ()sad()

noahclem

I remember those bridges and believe they came from SimCity China. Possibly srainy's work. No idea if they were finished, how they were implemented, or if there are problems with them but I don't believe they're "fakes" or anything.

As for dual networking, I didn't understand there to be big problems with such bridges. Choco, who did most of the development with those before disappearing several years ago, had several in the works that never made it to release and I still use his tram-on-road one that made it to beta testing around the same time as basically all our current wide RHW bridges that weren't made by mandelsoft. The one "problem" I'm aware of with that is that tram automata can't be stopped from visually running over car automata. He'd also worked on a tram-in-avenue bridge based on the avenue network, never shown publicly to my knowledge, that appeared to function properly with the exception of showing full congestion in the traffic congestion map regardless of actual conditions. To the best of his knowledge the bug was only cosmetic.

And speaking of "TIA" and "cosmetic", I happened to be working on something like that just a few days ago. Again, the changes are only cosmetic and new IIDs, paths, and T21s would be needed and I was just doing it to see if I remembered how to change bridge textures with model tweaker and see what it would look like. I tried to incorporate custom sidewalks as well, as memo did for elrail-over-avenue and I do with my tram project, but couldn't get it to work yet.

Mikey Knox

Too bad that the Bridges arent around anymore, but maybe someday someone will find a way to make them  :)

Thx

Gugu3

That is interesting Noah!

q2951415

Quote from: Mikey Knox on November 02, 2016, 07:53:01 AM
Quote from: mgb204 on November 02, 2016, 07:41:35 AM
As such, it might help if you could link to the thread with the pictures. That way we can see what progress was made, if any, with these.

I found it here, but the DL is broken  ()sad()
I can upload the file in which POST

Mikey Knox

Yes please, so i can test them out just to see how they look :)

q2951415

Quote from: Mikey Knox on November 03, 2016, 06:08:44 AM
Yes please, so i can test them out just to see how they look :)
Upload is completed,author is lrdcq, not srainy