• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ferry's trip to Germany

Started by Fledder200, July 16, 2007, 04:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fledder200

Last week i went down to Germany, i love that country and me and my bf are planing to buy a house in the eifel-eara and move to germany. ( that was the whole intention of the trip :) )
I made some pic's and all i can say i hope you wil enjoy them!

here is a map of what we have driven the weekend...it starts in Rotterdam and ends in rotterdam LOL...the black line is the way we folowed..the gray thingys are the direction we were going..and the red dots are the places we have stoped..not in all places i have taken pics

GEROLSTEIN:

Near Trier...nice area..i loved the untouched forest and the seroundings!! we stoped at a ruin. builed 1200 AD.
called scholss Kasselstein!! we climed the tower..took us almost a hour ( we are not that sporty and had to rest every floor) but we made it

inside and around the ruin there was a Wolf/bird park with the almost extinct gray wolf and noumerus wildlife birds ( we did see some wolfs..but we didn't take a pic of them...they were to quick)
but we have some bird pics

some birts on a thingy in the sun, they enjoyed it alot

lol...those 2 were fighting all the time...they were so funny.

some sleeping owls

some wild boars those were so funny...all they say was..."oink oink"

SAARBRUCKEN

located in Saarland, near the Frechborder, a very beautifull city with a huge history!

Saarbrücker Schloss
build in the year 1009 till 1784 ( they kept on renovating it)
also known as "small versaille", the first palace was huge and burned down sometime and they rebuild it like this!!
the palace was used as gestapo headoffice of Saarland in WWII and many jews and ressistance people were held here and when the war was over they made it a cultural
center, the ugly main bulding  is a monument for the people who died in WWII...i think i makes the building very very ugly!

The old city hall!

under the palace square ther ware some diggs and they found the old palace fundings! it was very cool...a huge museum under ground!!

the model of the old palace before it burned down, its a shame they didn't rebuild it the same way  :(
the palace was owned by the royalhouse of Naussau-Saarbrücken.
the DUTCH royal family is called Nassau aswell and 80% of our royal family has names like the kings and queens who lived here.
the DUTCH royal family is a direct desentend from the family Naussau-Saarbrücken

Ludwigskirche
we warent aloud to take pics inside ( every pic you took costed 50cents...and we dutch don't like to pay for anything...so we pased the "cheap-ass-dutch" card
and only looked. tryed to take some secret snap shots but the guy inside was folwing us :(
funny fact; inside the chapel on the cealing was a huge "sun" thing they guy said it was supost to be the aparence of god...but when you looked closser, you saw
in the middel of that sun the "all seeing eye" symbol of the free macons! LOL
the arcitect was a free mason...i love those jokes

the royal houses...next to the chapel all the princes and princesses and inportant people lived here...i wanna buy one off those  ;)

TRIER!

in the mossel-erea, a old folk hide out!! realy...now i know where all those old-almost-dead people are in the summer!! lol
a old roman city, turned into a German city...very nice full of old Roman and German buildings.
some Roman buildings are still in use..funny but true!

this is Porta Nigra a old Roman city gate.
its big...its black and its very ugly and about 3000 tourist were gasping on this huge ugly thing!
there are many beautiful buildings in Trier...why i only took a pic of this ugly thing??? i don't know

MONSCHAU  (Kwakelaar...your going to love this pics ;))

a nice little town under Achen, the whole town is on the UNESCO list of world monuments and is very lovely and peacefull
the old buildings breath out history and life. there is a small river running trouh the town and all the streets are build along it...i think there is about
150 houses there and its jet again stuffed with old folks who like to ransak the town for souveniers...Realy people they come with bus loads!!

a view from the out side tarace where we took some ( read: a lot) beer...a half litter beer for only 2,50€!!

a nice view over the town!

...lady...i can look inside your bedroom...put on some clothes...there are Americans watching :)

more view over the city...again it took us some time ( read: a hour...we are not that sporty) to get up there

The red house

a street...yes..turn off your camera when you are walking Ferry...

some cool crocket houses along the small river!! and a ruin

This was it...i hope you liked the beauty of Germany!
I've been on a lot of vacations in my life...but this was the shortest i ever had...3 days...but they best one i ever had!
the people are warm, the buildings are great and well the whole country breathes life and history!!
Later this year we are going back but than to the Bayern region and next year we are going to tour around for 3 weeks.
then i'll plop some more pics here!
maybe you are looking at the pics and you see something to BAT...just ask i have the pics in full size,
maybe you see some pics you would like to have? ask...i have them in fullsize ( 3648x2736)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

iamgoingtoeatyou

wow ferry, excellent pictures!!! :) nice to hear that you enjoyed your trip, it's always nice to travel to a new country. one picture that caught my eye was that one of xannepan's houses looks exactly like the red house you posted:

xannepan's house:

your picture:

here's the link to the house in case you want to recreate it or something :P : http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=2251

Fledder200

OH MY GOD!!! i'm gonna cry!! yes it is
thanx Dan!!
and yes...i have big planes :)

Pat

Fledder are you saying we Americans are umm into voyeurism ???
if thats the case then well  :D  true many of us are despicable but me
naw not at all   &Thk/( ooh whoopsie i wasnt supposed to be looking in that
window was i... LoL Great pics here Fledder thank you for sharing them - pat

omg omg i just noticed the building wow that is ummm how can i say it scary wow...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Zaphod

you ran across a batted building?

hehe thats trip

;)

War Kittens !?

iamgoingtoeatyou

i was a little shocked when i saw too lol, is that town well known is it more sleepy? it looks like xannepan's timber frame buildings might be based on that town :thumbsup:

Fledder200

LOL thanx all :)

@ patfirefghtr: LOl no...i'm not saying americans are into voyeurism :) lol
...but you all like to watch ;) i'm glad you liked the pics

@Zaphod: lol they keep on folowing me :)

@ iamgoingtoeatyou : well Monschau is small and sleepy..but very famous..and beautifull...and i think xannepan paid a visit to Monschau aswel :)

FromTheAshes

Yes, Germany is that beatyful! :thumbsup:
Unfortunatly you've not been in WOB. But when you prefere very old city (Trier is the oldest German city btw) Wolfsburg wouldn't be that interesting to you. Parts of Wolfsburg are about 1200 years old, but they are less. The biggest part is very modern.
Anyway, I like this thread and hope, you'll update a lot?!
Visit Vorsfelde.

Fledder200

@FromTheAshes : it truely is a beautyful country!!
well...i'm not updating it soon...first i have a holiday in Italie in a few weeks and then we go back to Germany to sniff up some culture and look at the erea we are going to live, but it never hurts to visit some other places like Wolfsburg  :)

praiodan

Wonderful collection of pictures! I guess with this lovely countryside in the south/west of Germany and the plenty places you visited will make your decision on where to move just harder  :o

And indeed I think kwakelaar will love the pics from Monschau espacially, just as much as I do  :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing!