• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Amsterdam. - New Update: Artis!!!

Started by FissileBread, July 19, 2007, 07:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FissileBread

nova vesfalo: THanks for commenting! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Manny: lol, thanks Manny! :D

Ennedi: Hey Ennedi, thanks for the comment! I'm happy you like the terraforming!

Vario80:
THanks Vario! It's still cool that you live near Holland, good enough for me :)! I hope to see you again!

Sebes:
haha, thanks alot Sebes! I guess I'll keep them. There aren't that many sunken roads. If I have any questions about Amsterdam, I hope you don't mind me asking :) !

thundercrack83: THanks for the comment! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Sober: haha, good idea Sober! I guess I'll keep thsoe sunken roads after all :D! THanks for stopping by!

Fledder200: THanks for commenting again! I really like Liaane, an I got a lot of ideas from there :thumbsup:! I hope to see you again!

bat56: Hey bat, thanks for the comment :)!

Schulmanator: THanks for checking out my MD Schulmanator!

patfirefhtr: Het pat, thanks for commenting! I'm glad you like it, I look forward to seeing you again!

Update: Artis - A Cultural Zoo

Artis, the oldest zoo in the Netherlands, was founded in 1838. The many visitors enjoy the 19th-century atmosphere of the gardens: the winding paths and majestic trees. Artis is a haven of peace and quiet right in the city centre of Amsterdam.

Artis is a fascinating zoo. In an area of 14 hectares around 700 species provide a magnificent overview of the entire animal kingdom. Amphibians, reptiles, fish, birds, mammals and insects... all are superbly represented. Artis' renowned aquarium reveals the secret life of Amsterdam's canals!

Around the zoo, many more Dutch and European animal and plant species can be found, as well as more exotic ones.

Visitors can also come to quench their thirst for knowledge at the Planetarium, the museums, and all kinds of smaller exhibitions. The also exists an exciting African Safari Exibihit, which surrounds the main visitor's building.

The entrpotdok industrial canal to the north, and picturesque Amsterdam neighbourhoods to the east, west, and south flank Artis. The Plantage Middenlaan avenue provides easy access to the zoo.

The Artis Zoo is still as enchanting as it was nearly two centuries ago. Not only is Artis an oasis of peace right at the heart of a fast-paced city, but it is also a haven for several animal species and tree varieties, many on the verge of extinction.

Finally, here is the location of Artis on the region map:

That concludes my update! Hope you like it and please comment!

Thanks to all who have commented so far, your feedback means so much to me!!! I greatly appreciate your support!!!

Pat

WOW FissileBread that was wonderful update of Artist Zoo... I do have to say that the Canal
pretty busy as well wow... I do also love the Canal entrance to the zoo i belive that is it aint it?
Guranteed to see me back for more - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

vester

Great update.

Think that your canals could use an expansion.

thundercrack83

The zoo looks great, my friend! And your region map looks wonderful, too. I can't wait to see how you develop it. Until next time!

Yoder7652

great zoo...I can't believe I haven't noticed this MD before! You are off to a great start here, I really like it.

Vario80

The zoo looks really cool and it has an interesting scenery together with the neighbouring canal.
It's also nice that we can see in Region View, where the shown part of your update is taken place. Nice work!  &apls :thumbsup:
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

dragonshardz

welcome to the world of the MD! i really can't say much, as i have just started an MD myself, but i believe those canals and ponds are pegasus' work. your city looks very established, beautiful work. btw, what water mod are you using? it looks like pegasus' Brigantine water mod, but could you tell me please? great zoo and canal system!

Eddie

Quote from: dragonshardz on July 24, 2007, 05:50:14 PM
go check my MD, and tell me what you think (the link's in my sig).

Big no no there. Tsk tsk.  :thumbsdown:

But back to the update. This is my favorite picture of them all (though the rest are high-quality). What I love most in your updates are the boats on the canals (tight squeeze!) and the use of the diagonal parks and simgoober's canal in the top-right of the image. Wow.  :thumbsup: Really unique!

I'll be following this MD. I'll stop by here occasionally, but I'll follow it mostly on ST. Bye for now!

bat

That's a nice zoo! Also great region map! :thumbsup:

RichGray

i may be wrong, but your canal bridges dont really seem to look like them, if you havent, may i suggest using any end pieces which come with youre set?

personally, i think your zoo and houses look stunning.
did you dl them or make them yourself?
Just Because im incomplete, doesn't mean i'm obsolete.
BAT Thread coming soon, possible MD even!

sebes

Great update again! Funny how you use the airterminal endbuilding in the zoo on the spot were the restaurant is. Very inventive.. I like that  :satisfied:

QuoteIf I have any questions about Amsterdam, I hope you don't mind me asking  !
Don't mind at all, my friend.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

urban

:thumbsup:nice zoological garden and the region view is just stunning

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

Fledder200

i like it!! ( though Blijdorp is a far more better zoo than Artis...but that's a Rotterdam - Amstrdam thing ;))

i love the way you used the PEG pond in there!!!
can't wait to see more!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

Ennedi

Again excellent pictures  :thumbsup:

The building from the airport set fits very well here. I like the avenue divider with new texture  &apls Also, great use of diagonal parks!
And of course, the Zoo is fantastic  :thumbsup:

There are some traffic jams on the waterways - I'm curious how the major solve this problem?  :D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

dedgren

FissileBread, congratulations!

...Truly a Dutch Treat...

The Staff
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

rooker1

Great update.  The zoo and the canals look awesome. 

Congrats on the move to Special Interest of the Month.

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Many congratulations to you, FissileBread! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us during Amsterdam's month of "Special Interest" status!

Pat

Fisslebread a wonderful treat this its Awsome to see you make it to OSITM!!!  &apls :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Congrats for this status, FissileBread! Looking forward to the first update in this category!

Manny

I repeat myself once again, but you have a splendid city! Cheer for this reward!  &apls