• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Monkey Island

Started by Schulmanator, July 23, 2007, 04:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

That's some clever defense against the ceasars  :D  I volunteer as the test-human for the shuttle!

Clever use of walls as pathways, by the way  &apls

Schulmanator

Summertime means vacation time, but in Monkey Island, it also means more updates are coming up! Woo hoo!

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Schulmanator

A Day At The Lake

The Abbey of St. Fay Wray is a religious retreat center operated by the Sisters of King Kong and also an ecumenical outreach center for the Banana Lake area

It was built after the collection of nearly 10000 bananas in donations

The gardens surrounding the abbey are great for contemplation and perhaps some basking in the sun.

The scenic town has plenty of waterfront property. Lake houses of all sizes dot the shoreline in three sides of the small lake.

Interested in spending a warm summer's evening enjoying your refreshing view of the shore?

George's Landing is inspired by a classic design by the established architectural firm of Vanilla & Maxis. Plenty of small lake houses provide access to the club and the water. Permanent residents have moved into the homes across the street from the ones adjoining the water. Those are generally rented out.

In anticipation of significant commercial traffic, many prominent Monkey Island businesses have already announced plans to open stores and offices. A variety of goods and services are now available to the public in Banana Lake.

Interested in shopping at Banana Republic?

Along Macaque Lane, restaurants and shops vie for your gilded banana.

There are three main hotels in the town. One is the The Inn at Lemur Place.

VIP guests are housed at The Lakehouse, a luxurious spa hotel backing up on Monkey Meadow. King C. George III  stayed here on opening night and raved about the views... and the service.

The Lakehouse sits next to the Town Hall and is very close to the shoreline.

The stately Darwin's Arms Hotel sits next to the Retreat Center, where many of the activities associated with the hotel's conference center  take place and long term retreat participants stay.

Interested in some handmade crafts and gifts for Monkey Island Bananafest this year? Why not head over to the south shore of the lake to the Chiquita Arts Center. Here, artisans turn out all sorts of interesting dust collectors for your home or to inflict upon your family and/or friends. There's something to suit every taste – and those people who don't have taste as well.

All of the town is adjacent to the water. Much of the shoreline has been left undeveloped. This is not only ecologically friendly, but it also provides needed hunting space for residents and guests.
Let's explore the town a bit more

A small residential area sits in the middle of the north shore and also lines the eastern shore on the way to Chiquita on the south shore.

The town hall is at the western end of the settlement. It sits adjacent to The Lakehouse, so visiting dignitaries will have ready access to government offices if needed. The building also houses an office of the Banana Management Council.

Nearby, residents' homes enjoy the same scenic views as The Lakehouse.

Want to come to some swanky parties? Plenty are being held here.

By the yacht club, many locals are planning picnics. Jane Tarzan has promised her lucky guests a fabulous meal followed by fireworks on the water. And, you're invited!

No matter where you go in town, fun is never far away.

As for me, I am heading to a garden party... since vegetables throw the best parties!

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

noahclem

Great job  &apls  I really like the way the pond area turned out and the variety of different neighborhoods in this update  :thumbsup:

bat

Nice work around that lake there!! Great views.

benedict

Gorgeous location for the Abbey.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

nbvc

Great work and nice town. &apls

kelis

I like that small street full of restaurants, Great job !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Schulmanator

noahclem   Awesome! You have the 'right stuff' for Monkey Island's space program!

noahclem    Thanks! Glad you like it.

bat   Thanks! I enjoyed making it.

Benedict   Thanks! I am glad you like the setting.

nvbc    Thanks! I am always glad to hear from you. Glad you liked this installment.

kelis    Thanks! I am glad you liked it.

Schulmanator

Casa Chiquita

On the southern end of Monkey Island sits the charming town of Banana de Oro. In the center of town lies the Casa Chiquita, repository for golden, juicy bananas for the town. Hungry for one?

I'll bet there's enough bananas in here to make a banana pudding as big as a swimming pool

The George Column commemorates the victories of King C. George I

Why not stop by Macaque Markets for some freshly made banana bread?

Care for a trip down Lemur Lane for some antiques?

Or how about a trip over to the Plaza de los Monos?

I always like stopping by the Greystoke Corner Market... Jane is my favorite cashier

The bustling town has a variety of neighborhoods. The locals support homegrown businesses and are quite entrepreneurial, themselves. Let's check out more of the town.

Jane and her husband Tarzan live on this street

Bonzo lives here

The yellowness of these buildings reflects the yummy bananas the owners covet oh so much

Hard to believe monkeys can have such tidy neighborhoods, isn't it?

These smaller homes are easy on the budget, leaving more for the finest in bananas

And there's plenty of tree swinging space

If you want to stay longer, how about a night or three at the Gorillas in the Mist Spa and Lodge?

Nanami

Nice one! this MD pretty unique!

benedict

The Casa Chiquita is stunnning - great setting.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

kelis

Great update once again ! I like the big building in fron of the column, great job  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Dantes

aahw ^^ It's cracy here and lot of funny  :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

976      Thanks! I am glad you liked it.

Benedict   Thanks! I had fun with this one.

kelis    Thanks! It is actually a library but I like it better as the Casa Chiquita!

Dantes    Thanks! Glad you like it.

art128

Nice update! So Tarzan lives in your city?  ;D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Schulmanator

More Monkey Island is coming soon!

Schulmanator

FINALLY!

The Monkey Island Monorail has become popular!

RickD

744%, not bad. Are they handing out free bananas in the trains?  ;D
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

sim_link

Chiquita square... haha, I recognize that name from somewhere.  :P Monorail busy - maybe it's the new banana air freshener they're using?