• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMeLots - Dependencies

Started by mightygoose, July 31, 2007, 11:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roofuzz

Quote from: RippleJet on December 23, 2007, 04:34:03 PM
Star.Torturer once started making such a Cleanitol list, but I never finished it myself and never got it uploaded.
Now I've completed it and attached it to the first post above. ;)

A very late, but grateful Thank You to Joe (Star.Torturer)! :)

Thnkx alot m8 ! I've tried it and found 2 missing items :) Thnkx m8 for the list ! It's a great help !

Shroud

I have a quick question about lots that haven't been CAMified, specifically farm lots.

If a farm lot is created to be growable then will it have a chance to grow even if it hasn't been CAMified yet?

BarbyW

Yes it will. The only farm lots that won't grow without CAM are anything above a stage 3. All the farm lots on the LEX have been made or updated with the X Tool so that there properties are more in line with Maxis.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

xxdita

You can use any farms that you like with CAM, it's just a matter of whether they were modded properly for the Vanilla game or not. They would of course grow at Stage 3 or lower, as originally intended.

Anthony

I have just started growing CAMelots in my city and I encountered this problem:

However, the Cleanitol gave me this result:

what am I missing?
Thanks.

BTW, my city's CAMelot Counter shows this:

(I deleted the pictures, as this issue had already been addressed)

JoeST

Search the Cleanitols for free thread for "Wisconsin", and you will find that You are missing jes_WisconsinGasProps_BSC.dat which can be found in the file "BSC Mega Props jestarr Vol01".

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Anthony

thanks @Joe :-[

i meant to post this:

but i'll try to search for the missing file...

(Edit: searched the Get your cleanitol file for free and found that I'm missing this file

My thanks again to @Joe  who took time to guide me on how to find the OBVIOUS solution to my small problem  :thumbsup:)

Pat

OK its been a long time since I had a problem with CAM and Im proud since I took the plunge into CAM but I have come across this building here, need help in getting pointed in the right direction.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

xxdita

Pat, you check the Cleanitols for Free thread? Follow the monkey in my sig!!!  :P
I've posted Cleanitols for all of the Residential & Commercial CAMelot Starter Packs. Working on the Industrials still.

Pat

LoL Nate now that you said something doope I feel like a dork...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

videosean

k... I'm a total noob in a way since this is my first post and I hope this is the right thread for this.  I spent 4 days downloading and checking dependencies for this CAM thing before even TRYING to start the game... and so far I love it.  I got my first brown box tonight on the wisconsin gas building.  Looked through my plugins folder for wisconsin and found it: \My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\CAM\C0$$\CO$$9_3x3_jes_WisconsinGasBldg_CO_9406ec0c.SC4Lot
So I did a quick search on google and found it here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=457 and it tells me I've never downloaded that!  I kept only the jes_WisconsinGasBldg1-0x5ad0e817_0x532d2bc5_0x30000.SC4Model file in it's proper (default installation) folder and it worked out well :)

Yes I've gotten the cleanitol files and I don't recall ever seeing wisconsin pop up so maybe someone missed this one?  It's slightly possible that I somehow missed something... a cleanitol here or there... but I hope not.  Been playing my city for about 300 years give or take before this building showed up.

You all have done some truly amazing work!  Not just the CAM but.... gosh... well I haven't looked at anything SC4 since about 2006 I'd guess so I've been on SC4 overload over the past week trying to catch up on all the awesome stuff out here for it now :)  I went from having a plugins folder that was under 200MB pre-CAM to 2.11GB after.  The game takes longer to load, the game freezes for about 15 seconds sometimes but usually doesn't crash.  It crashed every now and then without the CAM so I can't blame it at all :)

xxdita

Welcome to SC4D, and to CAM videosean.
There is so much great stuff for CAM that I'm not surprised you're in the Gigabytes with installed content. You may want to look up DatPacker on the LEX to help those startup times. (Power Search by creator: Wouanagaine).

videosean

I'm having trouble figuring this one out:  LM4x5_DEDWD_FLWLarkinBuilding_917c5339.SC4Lot - the game says I'm missing plugin pack 1854123207 if that helps.
When I open this landmark lot in the LE I see a blank lot and of course big, brown box in the game from the landmark.  If I open the growable lots in LE the building is there and all looks normal.  I've run dedwd's dependencies cleanitol and nothin but the mccormick building comes up (the link for that in the cleanitol goes to a page on the STEX that isn't there anymore) even though I have the mccormick files and have used the Ministry of Garbage building in the game.  Is the oddball mccormick file what I need for the landmark of FLW Larkin?

xxdita

As the model file was included in the installer, there really shouldn't be any brown box problems with the LM, as it is identical to the growables. You may want to try re-installing.

videosean

That did it sorry I should have tried that!  There is a seperate model file for the landmark and maybe it went missing too when I lost my region after a game crash a few days ago - everything in the region folder was gone except the .ini.  Funny the cleanitols didn't pick up the missing model.  I might be one of the few people who would prefer individual lot and model files in the zip files instead of an installer to easier sort these issues out sometimes lol.  It's all good though thanks :)

owlsinger

I have finally gotten some stage 7 farms, but had one grow without a field. It is Barby's Stand.

I got the Vil Windmill, the great oak, the fountain farm, and the sphinx with all the fields just fine, but I must still be missing something?

Thanks
'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

xxdita

Check the Cleanitols For Free thread, linked in m signature, specifically this post to see if you're missing any of these files. If it's not on the list, let us know.

owlsinger

Thank you. It said I didn't have the csx ui file, which I thought I did have. Cleanitol pointed me to the csx fields that I've downloaded before, but I re-installed them anyway. I'll let you know!!!!
'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

platyfish124

I need help finding the building "CO$$11 3x3 Ntertain Tower", which I believe I downloaded in a recently released CAMelotted pack of ill tonkso's lots. I have also had a fun time trying to rectify brown boxes due to the large number of buildings not described in the readme.

RippleJet

The Ntertain Tower model is in NDEX ITS MEGA Props Vol10.
That mega pack, and several others, are listed as dependencies in the readme for the CAMeLots Rayden made. ;)