• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMeLots - Dependencies

Started by mightygoose, July 31, 2007, 11:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perfectdark158

ok thx i dont really no how to use the cleanitol yet though  &mmm

RippleJet

Quote from: perfectdark158 on August 17, 2007, 11:31:35 AM
ok thx i dont really no how to use the cleanitol yet though  &mmm

It's very simple and highly recommendable. :thumbsup:
With most downloads there's a TXT file included (the filename usually contains "cleanitol").

Run Cleanitol and open that TXT file.
Cleanitol will check if there are any files that will need to be removed before installing the download (e.g. old versions of the download or conflicting mods).
If you accept to remove the listed files, they will be moved to a folder outside your plugins folder.
They will not be deleted, only moved. And an Undo file will also be created, allowing you to revert the moving if needed.
Cleanitol will also check if you have all required dependencies, and link you to the download for those that you lack.

perfectdark158

Ok well ill just ask one last question if i download all of the prop packages on this page will the packages in my cvity turn into buildings?

RippleJet

No, the dependency packs listed in this thread are for correctly showing textures, props and queries.
The models required by each downloaded package of CAMeLots are listed in the readme that accompanies every download.
They are also listed in the CAMeLots - Linking all available lots and bats thread (under Download BAT Model here). :thumbsup:

perfectdark158

so i need to d/l something for every building?

RippleJet

Quote from: perfectdark158 on August 17, 2007, 12:54:20 PM
so i need to d/l something for every building?

I would say so... you do need to download the building itself (the bat)! :D

perfectdark158

ya lol well thanks for all your help i will post a pic of my city somewhere once im done its pretty good it has 600,000 people

RippleJet

Quote from: perfectdark158 on August 17, 2007, 01:18:28 PM
ya lol well thanks for all your help i will post a pic of my city somewhere once im done its pretty good it has 600,000 people

The CAM - Show us your CAM Cities would be a good place! :thumbsup:

JoeST

600000??? wow
ive only got up to 100000 in a medium tile

dam you im all jealous
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Kitsune

Quote from: star.torturer on August 17, 2007, 01:44:03 PM
600000??? wow
ive only got up to 100000 in a medium tile

dam you im all jealous

I have never even played a small or medium tile, so I dont think I'll have much issues once I start zoning high density...
~ NAM Team Member

perfectdark158

Its on a large tile my best for medium is 285 000 there is a vid of it on my youtube profile. (the profile is perfectdark158)

JoeST

I just realised that my largest tile actualy had over 500k on it lol, slightly more than I thought
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

perfectdark158

cool but i am having problems d/l the bats can ne 1 help me? :-[

Pat

OK whats the problem? ? ? more info is needed

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

perfectdark158

ok i made the mistake of downloading all of the packages earlier and now there are lots of the boxes in my city where the buildings should be and i tried to download the buildings them selves but it doesnt see to work especially the ones from simtropolis so what should i do?

Pat

OK what you need to do is
1.) Make sure you have all the required Dependency's for everything to work...
2.) review all the read mes as it does give detailed points and links on what buildings you need...
3.) make sure you have the CAM essentials installed

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

perfectdark158

I dont even really no how to install the bats

Pat

OK to install just click on the installers and they will automaticly instal for you in a predetermind area
and as you install them make sure you read the readme and follow the links to get the needed files...
dont close out the CAM readme till you get the needed files first then after you get the files it says in the readme installed then close out that readme...

perfectdark158

where do you find thoses files?

Pat

the files in the readme?  there will be links to them and just download those files and install them before continuing on with the adventure.. see pic for refrences