• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Dat Packer

Started by wouanagaine, January 16, 2007, 05:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

camaro_69_327

Hi......Thank You!

That does not come close to sayin it......lol

Seams i gave up playing this game a little to early last year! I got lost in The dependency jungle and could not find my way out....so i stopped playing.  way to many crashes........

This is the  greatest!!!!!!!!! Thank you wouanagaine this is a great program Works fantastic on Vista x64  Does what its suppose to do!!!!!!

I will leave this original boo boo.......As this is the DAT Packer thread I will just add that I also find this a fantastic tool .

knuckleball

This program is a life saver.  I have 2.5gb ram with a 512mb video card and I would still get the random crash, and of course the zoom crash.  Very frustrating!  I had to limit how much stuff I put in the plugin folder.

With DatPacker I loaded up my plugins.  Close to a gigabyte in there now, and I haven't had any problems yet!  Well done Wouanagaine with this little beauty! :thumbsup:
It's just that I'm the quiet type, that's all.

bobgleason

Ok, so i ran the dat packer without doing anything else to my plugins, and when it was finished all i got were 700 little DAT files, instead of folders. i think i missed something, or did something wrong. could someone please exslain what i need to do to get it right and how to reverse the mistake i may have made?

rusummer1

Could you undat a dat file? I plan to redownload a few of my files that are compressed like the NAM and I foolishly deleted the originals to save space on my computer? Can I be helped?
Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

SC4BOY

Quote from: bobgleason on April 26, 2008, 06:34:46 PM
Ok, so i ran the dat packer without doing anything else to my plugins, and when it was finished all i got were 700 little DAT files, instead of folders. i think i missed something, or did something wrong. could someone please exslain what i need to do to get it right and how to reverse the mistake i may have made?

Were there folders in your plugins to start? You can't "reverse" datpacker, but I expect you may not have changed anything.. and datpacker doesn't get rid of your files, it only compresses them into a folder called "Plugins_Compressed".. it doesn't remove anything.. you have to handle all the moving/deleting/backups etc on your own..

Quote from: rusummer1 on April 26, 2008, 06:39:15 PM
Could you undat a dat file? I plan to redownload a few of my files that are compressed like the NAM and I foolishly deleted the originals to save space on my computer? Can I be helped?

Unfortunately no.. so you will have to go hunting.. :(

BarbyW

You shouldn't really pack NAM.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

rusummer1

Ok, so can't I just install the new NAM although I already have the Jan. Version?

BarbyW

You will need to remove all previous versions of NAM before installing the new. Please read the Readme and information before installing. Any further questions about NAM should be asked in the correct thread.

wouanagaine

Quote from: rusummer1 on April 26, 2008, 06:39:15 PM
Quote from: rusummer1 on April 27, 2008, 01:35:18 PM
Ok, so can't I just install the new NAM although I already have the Jan. Version?
Just delete the NAM.dat in your plugins_compressed folder

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

rusummer1

I don't have the NAM.dat outside of a the main compressed dat. I think I may have found a way to deleted the old NAM though. I am going to use the Add/Delete programs in the Control Panel and see if that works. Thanks to everyone who tried to help, I'm hoping this works.

BarbyW

If the NAM is in another compressed dat then using the uninstall will not work. You will need to find all the folders you packed in with the NAM, remove and repack the dat and then reinstall NAM but do not datpack it.

rusummer1

I might just have to unistall and delete everything which will take forevery b/c I have 1.3GB of plugins, because even though I don't want to I like the NAM and want the new stuff in it and btw the windows link for the new NAM the download link is missing, Is that just my computer?

Stewey

Hi, I have a bit of a strange problem with the dat packer.

Okay, I reinstalled my vista cos it went tits up and have just put SC4 + patches back on nice and clean.

I have moved all my plugins (from a backup) back into the plugins folder.

Then I re-installed the dat packer.

Okay, so dat packer has run fine with vista before the reinstall of windows, but when I run it it shows an "errors occurred" popup box and it fails to run.

Here is the contents of the logfile:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "datPacker.py", line 2, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "datPackerApp.pyo", line 2, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

Any suggestions?  ()what()

Pat

Hi Stewey do you have the latest version of DAT Packer installed? If not I would suggest downloading it from the LEX or even in that fact redownload it as it sounds you saved a version correct?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Stewey

Hi pat, thanks for the reply. :)

I had a saved copy of version 6 which is the latest version that is available right now from the LEX. That is the version I installed yesterday that didn't load, so I downloaded it again from the LEX today, installed it and still the problem is there.

wouanagaine

You need to download the 2 dlls that are listed in the readme

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Stewey

Hi wouanagaine, I didn't originally see that in the readme so that will teach me for not looking properley.  :-[

The .dll's worked and the program is working fine again, so thanks for your help and for creating such a useful tool.  :)

Pat

Hey Stewey Im glad you gotten it worked out!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

klaascornelis

Ok, i was sick of the very long starting time of the game and loading times of cities. I'm playing on a portable so the processor speed isn't that huge. So I decided to give datpacker a try.

Unknowing as i em i just ran the program. Tough I was just smart enough to backup my pluginsfolder first.
of course it didn't work.
Following after this mistake i took a closer look ad the readme, followed every step Soulstealer recommended. I sweeped a duplicate cleaner over it, deleted every unnecessary files, separated the mods and essentials.

It still isn't working  :'(
when i start SC i get a black screen and it freezes up.
I could use some help over here  %wrd

Greetings
KC

wouanagaine

Please list what you have in your plugins_compressed

New Horizons Productions