• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reginam da Domena Lorella [Last Update: 10/11/07]

Started by Dark_Jedi06, August 23, 2007, 08:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwakelaar

Again some very nice shots from Ossian, and you have made great use of the different possibilities of how to lay down your streets and squares.

Strechnitz

All hail the Grand Imperator!

How wonderful to see you and Domena Lorella here at SC4D.
I have enjoyed every udate up to now. I myself am a big fan of good history and you do it very well indeed.

Look forward to see more.
Who knows. perhapsDomena Lorella and Stropon can consider official ties later on. We both share the same corner of Europe after al :)

Strechnitz
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

szymcar

Great!! Very realistic city. You're master of details. But i saw one mistake :D (It is possible?? :P ). Flags     waving on two directions. Wind is only one :P Good luck, and forgive me my bad english !

Dark_Jedi06

The Ossian downtown begins on the other side of the Alea da Crudar Fegl across from the Federal Parliamentary Chamber. It is a conglomerate of towering glass skyscrapers, communist tenements and modern apartment blocks.

Another shot of the downtown from the shore of Stgir Bay. Another large avenue, Steiner Maniera (Steiner Way), serves as one of the major arteries of the cities commercial center.

A second view from the Alea da Crudar Fegl.

During the morning and evening commute the Steiner Maniera, shown above, is heavily congested.

September 2nd, 2007

A little more then three decades ago today, Chazun da il Alpines became the official anthem of Domena Lorella. Translated to Symphony of the Mountains, the orchestral piece was written in the mid-1600's hundreds by the famous Lorellian composer Armend Zinsli. Grand Imperator Kreshnik Steiner named the song as the nation's anthem to restore the people's pride in their country and government after the fall of communism. Life under communist rule and the thumb of the Soviet Union had led to disillusionment and the eventual revolution against the red government. Restoring national pride was among the rallying cries used by Kreshnik Steiner as he led the revolutionaries.

A picture of the Alps which inspired Zinsli as well as countless other Lorellian artists.

belfastuniguy-I know, that building is amazing. I thought it was far more suitable then the building I used in version one of Domena Lorella. I believe you used that for your wonder bid, no?
Jmouse-Well as a native of the United States it's difficult to achieve a European feel. However, I think I've pulled it off nicely. ;D
Xiziz-Thanks again for the flag! :thumbsup:
rooker1-I try to make all of my images mosaics to give a bigger and easier to understand picture of the city.
bat-Thanks alot. :)
M-I haven't been neglecting my civilizations, hence why this update took so long to put together. I've been pulling some all nighters with Civ IV and putting Simcity to the side. :-[
Pipishere-Lol...all advertising is good advertising. $%Grinno$%
Yoman-I know it's one off, that's just how it worked out. I wasn't about to delete the entire surrounding area just to fix a one tile disparity.
CarmineHilton-It's a little too nice...we need to get into the gritty and dirty Lorellian industry. ()stsfd()
Giorgos-Bah, there are plenty of amazing MD's out there put Domena Lorella to shame. I'm glad you like it so much though. ;D
kwakelaar-I've tried my hardest to avoid the boring grid layout and I believe I've achieved success. :satisfied:
Strechnitz-I am also a big history fan and love to start new MD's just so I can write up a new alternative history. Official ties with Stropon would be greatly appreciated, Domena Lorella is always looking to increase it's allies in the world.
szymcar-Yes, the flags do defy how the wind blows. However I didn't like the way they looked facing the same way so I just said screw it. :P

...this space to be filled soon...

Emperor Stormont

Indeed I did, Yoder did a stunning job with it.

Onto this update.....I love how you have mixed the old with the modern, it has worked very very well indeed Jedi. Again a wonderful job with the update and I loved the 'A Day In History' also.  &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

thundercrack83

Another magnificent update, Dark_Jedi! Your mosaic is fantastic and I love the "This Day in History" idea--quite clever, my friend! I'll be looking forward to seeing more!

Xiziz

Great update Jedi! thanks for those appartments, ive already started to use them, although i wasnt able to make them functional, guess il leave that for the real modders ^__^

And what was it i said over at the scju some time ago when Rauheim fell, youd be making a Frankfurt ^__^ w2w and skyscrapers heavily intertwined, really nice job!

Cheers

bat

Great new update! Other wonderful pictures of your great city! :thumbsup:

iamgoingtoeatyou

Yoman

You wouldn't delete the entire area? I would :P Finally I get to see the downtown. And it was quite impressive, I'm amazed at how you relot everything perfectly, and in perfect frankfurt style :)

Jmouse

Absolutely charming update!  :thumbsup: Well planned and simply lovely to look at.

Until next time...
Joan

Ennedi

Fantastic region and great story!  &apls
The map is absolutely amazing, I also like the place in Alps you choosen for your region

Very interesting for me, especially the way you blend bavarian houses with more modern commercials, stations etc.
Your work with textures is really great  :thumbsup:

Great work!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

TheTeaCat

stunning mate nice work indeed &apls &apls
looking forward to more

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

pipishere

A fabulous update...again the mix of buildings is very well done.  ;)

jplumbley

Definately cool!  I really like how you took all your LOTs and made the base textures the same.  There is one lot I dont recognize though, the 6x6 W2W ones with the plaza in the middle, did you make those yourself?  If so they are very good!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Dark_Jedi06

The Catedrala da Gronda Spada, translated to the Cathedral of the Great Sword, was once one of the largest structures in Europe. It was built as the center piece of Roial Catholicism and has been the location of the coronation of Lorellian kings since Damien Heidrich III named himself emperor at the cathedral in 1702. It is also the residence of the Roial Archduke, the supreme religious leader and central judicial authority in Domena Lorella. Several weeks ago the structure was named one of the seven wonders of the SCJU.

A main view of Ossian's central commercial district known as Sgrattatschiel Marketplace. The twin gold and green skyscrapers in the background are the Commerzi far Mund, the center of world trade and finance for Domena Lorella.

Another view of the Catedrala da Gronda Spada. In the background is the Smaragdguaud, or Emerald Forest, which covers the steep Rhine river valley that defines much of the Ossian border. When the Alpine Valley was first inhabited, this lush, coniferous forest used to cover nearly all of the area that is today Domena Lorella. Deforestation and continued development has left small patches of the Smaragdguaud all over the nation, though it exists in the largest quantities around the capital city.

Another view of the Commerzi far Mund twin towers.

A frontal shot of the Catedrala da Gronda Spada.

The old Ossian ground rail ends at the Sgrattatschiel Staziun. The 9-terminal station is the nexus of several ground lines that extend through the capital city and outwards towards Orellia and Nikanna in the south and Ilaria and Marcello in the east.

belfastuniguy-I'm glad you find the "This Day in History" segment to be interesting. I put a lot of thought into deciding and writing about the particular event. :thumbsup:
thundercrack83-Thanks a lot! ;D
Xiziz-You're welcome...the apartments should be particularly effective in commie Krim. I'm not sure what you mean about Rauheim and Frankfurt and the SCJU... ()what()
bat-Thank you very much. :)
iamgoingtoeatyou-Don't be jealous of my skills Hotdogs. ;)
Yoman-I also thought that breaking up the symmetry would help add to the "natural" feel of the city. I don't know if it looks anything like Frankfurt but I'll take your word for it. As for the re-lotting, I've had to re-lot about 300-400 seperate lots.
Jmouse-Bah, I'm getting rather bored of this nice, charming city, I really want to start building the large, dirty industry Domena Lorella is known for. :P
Ennedi-I thought the Alps was a perfect location, not only because the map I chose fit in perfectly but because I'm a lover of German and Swiss culture and tradition. ;D
TheTeaCat-Thank you for the round of applause. $%Grinno$%
pipishere-Thanks a lot Pip...I've found I rather enjoy taking different architecture and blending it together seamlessly. :satisfied:
jplumbley-Those are individual buildings from SFBT found on their download center at simzone.de. I've just organized the in-game as a wall-to-wall block with a 2x2 empty space in the center that I fill with statues, plazas, etc.
...this space to be filled soon...

Jmouse

Hey DJ, you've constructed a nice CBD there. I can't believe I'm getting used to cloud-punching skyscrapers, but I guess even old ladies can change their minds. This is a good solid update with some fine photos and mosaics. Keep up the good work!  :thumbsup:

Until next time...
Joan

bat

Xiziz

Nice chapter!! really like how the cathedral fitts right into the skyscrapers and highrises. @frankfurt & scju, that was my guess in whatever thread you announed Rauheim's replacment with Domena Lorella.

The appartments already look great in Krim! just wish i had enough time to relot more of them XD

thundercrack83

Wow, the commercial district looks spectacular! I love how you have all the modern skyscrapers and then, in between, an older church. Beautiful work, my friend! Beautiful!