• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Avolon

Started by petercintn, January 18, 2007, 06:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emilin

Hmmm... I'm not an expert either, but I think Rayden is probably right. What I think you should do to avoid this is make them oneway road enabled instead of ordinary roads. Of course then the traffic will only flow in one direction, but you should be able to make the intersection.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

petercintn

Thanks Rayden & emilin.  I give your idea a try emilin.  Sounds good.
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

threestooges

If I may add my part to this (and if the pictures are too much just let me know and they will be gone...I like to use illustrations when I can) but the trick with te lots seems to be how you connect them. Placing the road first does provide the problem you showed. However, after some research I think I may have found a way that works.

For this I have used 2 groups of transit: road (on the left) and streets (on the right...with the brick street mod):
-they are in a 4 point cluster to ensure the ground on all sides will be level (as all intersections must be on level ground)

Next, I attach the TE lots (darmok's rural paths from the STEX) on both sides. Note interestingly that the street connects, but the road does not.

I ran both roads and streets perpendicular to the lots to try to connect them. Again, streets work, roads...not so much.

The street can then be upgraded to a road if you want (but the intersection remains as a street intersection

I hope that helps. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Rayden

Well done Threestooges, I though of someting like that, didn't had the time to try it out. :thumbsup:

Cali

cool looking roads :thumbsup: is there any chance though that you can get rid of the yellow line?
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

threestooges

I really don't wish to take over this section so I will be brief (and take advantage of my propaganda ministry).
Cali: The yellow lines are actually built into the game roads and as a result they are there to stay unless there is some mod that would remove them (I think the "euro texture" puts a dashed white stripe down the middle) or you can just edit them out of the picture if you really want to.

---Note: The tutorial is now available under the "playing the game" tutorial section of the forums.---

dedgren

All right Matt (threestooges)!  That technique is one for the tutorial bank, as I think that little problem probably stumps a lot of folks.  Let me know if you want some help getting it over there.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

petercintn

Good show Matt!  Now for your reward.

threestooges

Just out of curiousity, is there anything special I need to do to put this in as a tutorial? Or do I just create a new topic and post it in the tutorial section?

I'm looking forward too to the next update. Can't wait to see what comes next. Lastly (I don't think I have said this yet) congratulations to Flipside. It's not everyday someone gets to make the landmark post (though many help it to get there).

Gaston

Very kool little mini tutorial.   Honestly I downloaded Darmok's lots some time ago and never really did anything with them, cause I couldn't figure out how to use them properly.    (And didn't wanna ask anyone for fear of looking dumb.)    Now I know!  ;D    Thanks threestooges

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

pvarcoe

Yep, that was very useful.
I have had problems like this and usually resorted to using the non-transit enabled lots.
This will help for sure!
Thanks

threestooges

One last point on TE lots that was noted by Darmok. You cannot place TE lots back to back. Therefore, they are essentially used to put some space between the actual road and the zone you are trying to reach. The rest of the tiles would just be for eye candy.

threestooges

Sorry to do this as I'm not usually one to double post, but since a week has passed I just wanted to check in and make sure everything was ok with the region. Hope your weekend was good and I look forward to more.

Heinz

you have such a gripping tale you have going!  &apls eagerly awaiting the next episode  :D

Cali

Quote from: threestooges on March 03, 2007, 01:41:20 PM
I really don't wish to take over this section so I will be brief (and take advantage of my propaganda ministry).
Cali: The yellow lines are actually built into the game roads and as a result they are there to stay unless there is some mod that would remove them (I think the "euro texture" puts a dashed white stripe down the middle) or you can just edit them out of the picture if you really want to.

---Note: The tutorial is now available under the "playing the game" tutorial section of the forums.---

oh, ok, i just wanted to know... :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Flipside

Quote from: threestooges on March 04, 2007, 11:04:50 PM
Just out of curiousity, is there anything special I need to do to put this in as a tutorial? Or do I just create a new topic and post it in the tutorial section?

I'm looking forward too to the next update. Can't wait to see what comes next. Lastly (I don't think I have said this yet) congratulations to Flipside. It's not everyday someone gets to make the landmark post (though many help it to get there).

Yeah, that was a lucky break.  ;D And hey, ya can't argue with the perks, can ya?  &idea $%Grinno$%

petercintn

Quote from: threestooges on March 12, 2007, 07:20:09 PM
Sorry to do this as I'm not usually one to double post, but since a week has passed I just wanted to check in and make sure everything was ok with the region. Hope your weekend was good and I look forward to more.

Thanks for the thoughts.
But I am going to have to ask dedgren to put this MD out to pasture.  Not that I'm going anywhere (Hey, I heard those groans!) but I have to put this behind me.  I won't go into any long details (cheers from the crowd) but I will say how much I appreciate everyone's support.  I will still make some comments from time to time and post some pics in the show me forums, but I must slow down or suffer the consequences.  And believe it or not, there's a fair amount of stress involved in this.  My health is not good to begin with, and, well, I'm just going to shut up.  Nobody want's to hear a whiner.

Thanks again for the nice words.  Oh and thanks for all the help, I've learned enough to get the seasonal trees out of the seasonal farm street dat file.  And how to delete that pesky dome prop lot in JBM's dome prop pak that shows up in the parks menu but there is no lot file.  He made it an exemplar.  For me that's progress.

Well, Tudalu Avalon, I did no better that Arthur.

PS. threestooges thanks for the help with the TE lots.  They work great now that you've showed me how>

M4346

Although it is truly sad to see this go, I can understand the reasoning behind it and I am truly sorry that it has come to this.  &mmm

I wish you all the best of luck and good health, and want to thank you for sharing this masterpiece with us. Thank you for the effort and dedication, and I hope to see you around here often.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Regards,

- Marius
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dedgren

Peter, hey!

I'll leave Avolon up in the active section for another couple of days so folks can drop by and see what you're up to here.  MDing needs to be fun- if it's adding stress, well, there's many, many ways to participate around here.  I can think of one in particular, and I'd be glad to hear from you along that line.

Avolon was a fun read, and showed us some really fine skills and creativity along the way.  You can't do much better than that, my friend.

See you around the forums.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Badsim

I wish you all the best in your life , the end of a MD/CJ is always sad ... I hope you'll stay on these forums , your enthusiasm would miss there . %wrd

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °