• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM underground and viaduct railroad stations

Started by GoaSkin, September 01, 2007, 07:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoaSkin

The only stations for the elevated NAM railways that have ever been made were the converted stations of Simrolles S-Bahn. These stations won't be very usable in the future NAM because the viaducts are beeing redesigned by ArkenbergeJoe in a way that the rails go on the top of a stonewall instead of a steel carrier.

Can someone please design a station where the railway has a height of 15.5 meters - like an elevated rail station but a few fields longer and with a normal railway texture? the sides should have a grey stone texture and stairs to go down. Please transit-enable it like a common railway station! I will do the rest.

Furthermore there are underground heavy rail stations missing. All you can use with the new puzzle pieces is the default Maxis station and the Ninja Boulevard station by Rafael Ninja. The roadtop station by Ebina is very buggy and lets the game crash on some installations.

To make a kind of subway station for rail, just create a 1x1 LOT with contents like a subway station and the configuration of the default Maxis railway station! No underground mode settings and no transit-enabling is needed.But I would also like a 1x6 unroofed underground station that may be placed bethween two T-pieces. The railway on the underground rail has a depth of -10. When rendering the station, the LODs beyond the ground level have to be rendered too - like on the road underpasses or you cannot see any train. I don't know how to avoid that GMAX creates a fake-3D ground texture instead of underground lods.

I tried to play around my self GMAX but on a Mac with windows emulator you need six hours to render one single stupid cube without any textures. It is not usable for me and I cannot make the stuff for NAM features myself. Sorry.

download SC4Config public BETA (RC1)

ebina

Quote from: GoaSkin on September 01, 2007, 07:01:38 PM
The roadtop station by Ebina is very buggy and lets the game crash on some installations.

Now I'm reworking my Underground Rail RTMT. I don't know whether an new version can solve the problem in Mac version, but I hope it would be better than the current version.

GoaSkin

download SC4Config public BETA (RC1)