• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Camified Demand Mods....

Started by Kitsune, September 13, 2007, 12:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

A side effect I've noticed with the CAM: the ordinance demand mods(I believe these are the only ones out there) are not strong enough anymore. So if some mod guru could put this mod on 'roids and camify it, that would be great  :thumbsup:
~ NAM Team Member

RippleJet

Are you talking about the in-game ordinances, Buggi's Super Demand Ordinances or RalphaelNinja's Radical Demand Ordinances?

Kitsune

Its Ninja's for sure, do you think Buggi's would do it?
~ NAM Team Member

RippleJet

No, Buggi's is increasing the demand levels by a factor of 500%, RalphaelNinja's by 5000% :P

If RalphaelNinja's isn't enough, then I really don't think there is much more to be done... the demand should be pretty high already because of the CAM, and if increasing it 50-fold is not enough...

I could make an even more extreme version of it if you'd want to test it though ;)

Kitsune

Quote from: RippleJet on September 13, 2007, 01:39:58 PM
No, Buggi's is increasing the demand levels by a factor of 500%, RalphaelNinja's by 5000% :P

If RalphaelNinja's isn't enough, then I really don't think there is much more to be done... the demand should be pretty high already because of the CAM, and if increasing it 50-fold is not enough...

I could make an even more extreme version of it if you'd want to test it though ;)

I would gladly test it. I notice the Ninja mod doesnt even make much of a dent for the industrial demands - and thats with a tax rate of 0%. Commerical seems to cap out at 20K after running the city for 700-800 years, could that also be an issue? Some of my high-d squares I let run 500-600 years without touching it (typically takes about 12 hours with a large city tile, or my sleep schedule :P )
~ NAM Team Member

RippleJet

Ok, here's a CAM version of Buggi's Demand Mod, where the demand level modifiers have been increased from 500% to 10,000%. I've based it on my previous "separated" version of Buggi's Super Demand Mod where I've split it up into 9 separate ordinances, one each for CS§, CS§§, CS§§§, CO§§, CO§§§, IR, ID, IM and IHT. Tell me if you want the demand levels increased even more, and I'll change them for you! $%Grinno$%

figui

does this work with farming once my city has grown enough to stop farming development?
i'd like to keep farms growing on a large city tile with a city of about 30k on it,
thanks in advance
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

RippleJet

Unfortunately, if the farming demand (drive) has come down to zero, multiplying that zero demand by 10,000% will still not help you.

figui

so it is actually a multiplyer.. &mmm
and zero by too much is still zero..  :(
and there's no chance to revert that situation..? (is that because of te city population?)
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..

________

Kitsune

Quote from: RippleJet on September 13, 2007, 02:06:38 PM
Ok, here's a CAM version of Buggi's Demand Mod, where the demand level modifiers have been increased from 500% to 10,000%. I've based it on my previous "separated" version of Buggi's Super Demand Mod where I've split it up into 9 separate ordinances, one each for CS§, CS§§, CS§§§, CO§§, CO§§§, IR, ID, IM and IHT. Tell me if you want the demand levels increased even more, and I'll change them for you! $%Grinno$%

Before:

After:

Do I need to remove ninjas mod first?
~ NAM Team Member

RippleJet

Quote from: figui on September 13, 2007, 03:30:19 PM
and there's no chance to revert that situation..? (is that because of te city population?)

Farming is killed by education and traffic. If either if them becomes too high, you will never get your farming demand back.

RippleJet

Quote from: Kitsune on September 13, 2007, 03:37:42 PM
Before:

After:

What numbers are those?

Quote from: Kitsune on September 13, 2007, 03:37:42 PM
Do I need to remove ninjas mod first?

Yes, of course. Only the one loaded last would otherwise be used.

figui

Quote from: RippleJet on September 13, 2007, 04:05:42 PM
Farming is killed by education and traffic. If either if them becomes too high, you will never get your farming demand back.
very bad :'(
Nor a mod can revert this? (a camified demand mod   ;D)
since the situation could be like this in a corner of my city but completely the opposite in other..

________

RippleJet

Quote from: figui on September 13, 2007, 05:11:19 PM
Nor a mod can revert this? (a camified demand mod   ;D)
since the situation could be like this in a corner of my city but completely the opposite in other..

A demand mod won't help. $%Grinno$%
The only thing that would be possible is to change CAM itself and increase the drives for agriculture for higher educated and richer people as well (the CAM actually does this in a very small scale already, compared to RH).

Likewise, the influence of traffic on farming is also controlled by a property in the same exemplar file that contains the stage caps for the CAM.

However, at this moment I do not see a need to create an alternative CAM for those wanting farms in their CBD's.
I might consider making it an option though, somehow, in version 2 of the CAM... ::)

Kitsune

Quote from: RippleJet on September 13, 2007, 04:07:56 PM
What numbers are those?

Yes, of course. Only the one loaded last would otherwise be used.

Those would be my demand numbers, straight from Equinox's mod, I forget what its called....  :D
~ NAM Team Member

figui

well, i'll have to wait..
thanks for all quick answers

________