• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin1a

@Terring7: I really like the station.  Multilevel stations not only satisfy our rampant transport geekery, but they're realistic too.  I remember the last time I was in Munich, the station is three levels deep.  Intercity rail/S-Bahn/U-Bahn

It's only natural that smaller junctions try to incorporate transfers like this as well.  The only changes I would make is how steep the slope for the L track is, and I would make the HSR station (or heavy rail, whatever that is) a few tiles longer for realism.  I like how the building is styled too.  The way the elevators and escalators are almost tubes.  Really cool looking!

@Death50: One of my favorite interchanges.  I find trumpet interchanges are too big, and the curves never look nice and smooth with the RHW even when I use the smooth curves pieces, so I just go for one of those T style ones instead.  Is there a technical name for it, other than "T intersection with flyover ramps"?

jdenm8

I believe you're thinking of T-Bone intersections  ;)

I don't bother with a lot of intersections types nowadays. I usually stick with Half-Cloverfolds now.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Death50

Kevin1a: Yes they are great space savers for when you have a freeway (or something like it) ending/starting from another freeway in a T fashion! Also, very, very easy to make them fit your needs. As you may have say I had two T Bone interchanges but both different because of space and land reasons.

As for the Turmpet not being compact and having smooth turns, I beg to differ:

Edit: Had wrong picture

Alejandro24

Hi, I've see all the thread, nice intersections here, and I wanted to show my first intersection with RHW.

First Look, there are not too many trees or decorations, but the most important thing, the intersection, is finished.

A technical detail, there are the intersection of two highways. Both highways goes to the north, but in the next city it split again, A-1 goes to the west and A-5 continues to the north.

I hope you like it.

I resized the pic.  1024 is max width and no more pngs please. - Robin

Strong young men, And their beautiful wives... Through sun and steel transforming

Haljackey

Death50: That's a classic trumpet. Nice work!  :thumbsup:

Alejandro24: That's an awesome three-way interchange! Very creative!  :thumbsup:

Alejandro24

@Haljackey: Thank's  ;D , I'll show another interchange, my second interchange with the RHW. It's too eccentric and strange, but I live in a city where most of the problems are solved with eccentric and strange solutions. This is a Hardcore Interchange (I baptized with that name).

Fear or anxiety? Let's look the Technical details: the highway A-2 starts in a interchage between the A-3 and goes to the soutwest, but the highway A-1 passes too near from the interchange, so there is another more big interchage between the three highways. The A-2 merges in RHW8 with the A-3 and split again, doing the interchange of traffic between A-3 and A-2, in the split of these two highways there are a "trumpet" style curves of RHW4 to distribute the traffic between A-2 and A-1 and splits again in two MIS. There are two MIS to go from A-1 to A-3 and vice versa, also there are another two MIS to go from A-3 to A-2 and vice versa. The A-1 goes from east to west and the A-3 goes from the south to the north.
Too complicated? Well, at the first look it seems to be tangles, but is easy when you understand it.

It's crazy... and its because I'm Crazy  ;D %bur2$

I resized the pic, max is 1024 and no more pngs please. - Robin

Strong young men, And their beautiful wives... Through sun and steel transforming

cammo2003

Quote from: Alejandro24 on January 27, 2011, 06:16:21 PM
@Haljackey: Thank's  ;D , I'll show another interchange, my second interchange with the RHW. It's too eccentric and strange, but I live in a city where most of the problems are solved with eccentric and strange solutions. This is a Hardcore Interchange (I baptized with that name).

It's crazy... and its because I'm Crazy  ;D %bur2$

The only problem with this is that you're going to get weaving in the area where the two RHW routes cross on the bottom one.

Still, it's quite a unique interchange.

samerton

@ Alejandro24: Very interesting interchange.  ;) However, please scale down your picture so we can all see it without a scroll. :)

Nego

Quote from: samerton on January 28, 2011, 10:53:47 AM
@ Alejandro24: Very interesting interchange.  ;) However, please scale down your picture so we can all see it without a scroll. :)

You can do that very easily in BBCode by using the following:
[img width=1024]insert URL here[/img]
Just change insert URL here to the web address of the picture. Thanks! ;)

Haljackey

Three-Level Cloverstack Interchange:

Coming soon to the RHW Interchange Guide.

EDIT: It's there now! Link: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6843.msg364352#msg364352

FrankU

It would be nice if this kind of interchanges could be made without the tunnel.
So there is at least a double height puzzle piece needed for two crossing highways. Is this in the making somewhere? I mean, b.t.w., for the Maxis highways.

noahclem

It would be great to be able to create intersections like that without the tunnels and I think there is a lot of interest in such a setup!

Multi-level RHWs (7.5m, 22.5m, and 30m in addition to the current ground and 15m) allowing fully functional RHW stack interchanges are planned as the signature feature for RHW v5.0, though it is possible that some limited multi-height features may be released earlier as part of the 4.x series. To the best of my knowledge there is no current development regarding the Maxis highways, excepting its compatibility with newer networks.

io_bg

A crazy interchange of mine ;D
click for full size

More - in my MD ::)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

cammo2003

Actually, that's quite an elegant solution there, io_bg. You'll probably get some weaving going on there, but it's a clever and quite narrow solution to a complex number of movements.

canyonjumper

Wow Ioan! What a great interchange ;D Love all the curves!
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Nego

@io_bg: Let's see more! ;D As in the rest of the interchange. I'm sure it's as fantastic as this half is! :thumbsup: Great job!! &apls

metasmurf

@io_bg: Good stuff!  :thumbsup: I think I'm actually gonna have to steal your idea, if you don't mind  ::)

cammo2003

And one of mine:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yeah, I know it'll get horrid weaving, and is unbelieveably messy and un-curvy, but it's necessary in that spot. Loosely in the centre of this shot is the core of what's one of the larger centres in the region. (It's only a second tier centre within the region, but its reasonable proximity to the CBD (approx. 4km) means it gets a lot of business).

mave94

@ io_bg: That's not crazy! It looks very good and realistic. The High Five interchange in Dalas is a crazy interchange.
@ cammo2003: Good interchange, altough a bit bumpy as you said...

el_cozu

here's this one i made last week... it's actually pretty amazing. :satisfied:

The cool thing about this one, is that is easyly upgradable.