• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Indeed, a simple, tight cloverleaf would have done the job fine here...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

j-dub

I could say the same thing about myself when I have gone out of the way to build some not so simple bigger stuff, but if Dexist made that the classic way, then it would not be a first, with that;
that interchange reminds me of Walt Disney World, because outside their amusement park, their highways go out of the way, just like that, not to mention are confusing. So, that is a style I am not going to touch.

Dexist

okay i remade it a bit now it is this:

cubby420

Still a little overly complex, but a neat design nonetheless. Don't know how I feel about the ponds though  ::)  A little too uniform for my taste.

Big improvement overall though!  :thumbsup:

samerton

I agree with cubby420; it looks a lot nicer.

Nego

@Dexist: I think that it looks really nice. :thumbsup: The only thing that I'd suggest changing is that you might want to try and see if you can fit B-Style ramps for the ramps going from the Eastbound to Southbound and Westbound to Northbound, if that makes any sense... ;) Overall, awesome job! &apls

GDO29Anagram

@Dexist: Your re-do now looks like a double-trumpet interchange. The first one didn't have any apparent problems with weaving, but I didn't like its rather cramped layout. Your second one looks better (I prefer complex interchanges, not cloverleafs), but unless there's low traffic flowing through, there would be problems with weaving (And I'd expect Haljackey to make a similar remark).

Still rather nice for a first-time attempt.

@samerton and cubby420: I disagree with you two; It looks nice for the eye, but is it nice for the commuters? Weaving...

@godjcjk12: That's the most elaborate multi-level interchange I've seen in a while. &apls
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Risu

I agree with Mangara here. It'll be impossible to expand it to accomodate for traffic without completely destroying all of what you made. That's exactly why, for each lane of RHW, I allow 2 parallel rows of trees alongside it. Kinda like this:-

|Noise Barrier| |Trees| |RHW v| |Trees| |Trees| |RHW ^| |Trees| |Noise Barrier|

But for a first attempt, that looks great! Heck, my first RHW interchange was just a cloverleaf. And as I recall, I'm pretty sure I still screwed it up somehow....

TEG24601

Just the Interstate 90/Interstate 1 Interchange in my new CJ New Seattle.  The center road allows access to a road too close to the interchange to comfortably make another interchange.

I-1 travels from top to bottom on this image, with Interstate 90 beginning at I-1, with Airport Way heading westward, only to parallel I-1 for a period. (^N)

Special pillars were created in order for the New Seattle Monorail to hug the westside of this interchange.

Lefthand entrances were used to overcome limited space at the interchange.

This image shows the close interchange where there was little room. (<N)

jdenm8

Hm... Have I shown this one off yet?

It's more of a proof of concept than an actual used interchange. I have yet to have a circumstance where I have to use it.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

TJ1

Dexist

Okay, thanks for all the replies. :thumbsup: @GDO29Anagram it would indeed be worse for high traffic.

So i redid it again, a little bigger this time:

samerton

@ Dexist: Ah.. the weaving is improved in this double here :thumbsup:  One thing I could say is to add more smooth curves, but your space is minimal there so it would be hard to do.

cubby420

Bravo Dexist! A very good evolution.

j-dub

Redid it, again!?  :o

Dexist, number one, I can not believe you would start all the way over, at least you got the pictures for memory, but number two, the only way to get that RHW junction to actually have a working connection without neighbor pieces would be to do something like in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSaR1HpPRic

except you using RHW in place of NWM. And Dexist, most importantly is number 3; third time is the charm :thumbsup: You are now more then ready to handle some heavy traffic.

Ryan B.

Dexist, this might be a viable alternative for you to consider - the hybrid trumpet:

I'd be interested to see how you make it work!

godjcjk12

Another interchange from my region based off of Greater Los Angeles. For those familiar with the area, it's Devonshire St. and the 405 Frwy. in Mission Hills. Just to note: the first and third images were taken facing north. The others south.  Hope you all like it!  :)

samerton

@ godjcjk12: Another amazing interchange. Your RHW interchanges are amazing!  &apls

jacksunny

Haljackey

Beautiful interchange godjcjk12! I like how the highway splits to help minimize weaving. Awesome use of eyecandy too!

Can you post another image of that junction once that area is developed? I'm Interested to see how traffic will use it.