• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Transparent Surface Plopable water ... one step further ?¿

Started by jeronij, October 03, 2007, 03:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiahouDun

Quote from: dedgren on October 05, 2007, 05:45:32 PM
WOOT!
This is beyond just Woot, this is Jeroni winning 1 internet :D

Fantastic work, not much more I can say other than that.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

jeronij

Quote from: DuskTrooper on October 05, 2007, 05:55:21 PM
Das Uberwoot, I say!

I tested the tutorial you gave me, and it worked! There are a few kinks I have to work out regarding the modeling itself (location above grade, etc...) but this is a major breakthrough!  This plop water sure has come a long way since when we came up with it over 2 yrs ago (if anyone can remember ;))...

Of course we can remember... but... 2 years ago already ??? ¡¡¡

I am glad the tuto worked fine. I placed the models 4 meters up (z axis) before to render them. If you use the same height, the possible future waters will be compatible  ;)

I am glad you like how it looks like now David, Travis and XiahouDun  :thumbsup: . I used two plop mods for the pictures, one 1x1 and on2 2x2, I hope you can notice the different widths  ;) .I plan to make a 3x3 and a 1/2x1/2 additional plop mods in the same colour to finish the set. However, I still have to test how the transparent lots behave in slopes and with the in game water  ::) ... I will keep you informed  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Jmouse

Awesomeness! This is worthy of an award! Hello EA?

Until next time...
Joan

Filasimo

think i just made uh oh in my pants after seeing those pics Jeroni  :-[ whats never after this waterfalls?  ;)   looking forward for what you got for us next! :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Yoman

Quite incredible, definitely worthy of the title "One of the Best Projects EVER"

sc4luv2

;D  &apls Sticky this thread, cause this stuff is, is, I can't describe it because it's so good!  ;D  &apls

WOOT!

Thanks,
sc4luv2
[

Krio

threestooges

Brilliant. Simply Brilliant. I don't know what else I can say, but thank you for your hard work on this.

Gaston

Okay this stuff is
IN - FREAK"N - CREDIBLE !!!!!!
You guys ROCK !!!!!!!

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Heblem

ooorales, muy bien hecho... i really like this new plopable water, even more with that transparency  &apls &apls

BigSlark

This. Is. AMAZING!

Great work, Jeroni. My recreation of Jackson becomes more feasible every day...

Cheers,
Kevin

Tarkus

Jeroni, you've really outdone yourself this time.  Words cannot describe how awesome this is.   :thumbsup:

-Alex

Diggis

I've never been a big fan of the solid ploppable water but this is something else...  &apls

M4346

Quote from: jeronij on October 05, 2007, 04:59:03 PM
Now, let me introduce you the transparent plopable water, in a more elaborated scenario. It took me less than 15 minutes to create this.

*Packs his bags and starts walking* I've seen it all now!  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

OMG Jeroni! You do not KNOW or begin to UNDERSTAND or GRASP what this means to me! :shocked2: It is simply AMAZING!  ;D :thumbsup:

&apls &apls &apls

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

BarbyW

I've never used ploppable water as it always looked dead but this really is something else.
Well done, Jeroni.  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Ennedi

It's a very good direction, it can be an excellent tool  &apls &apls &apls

I think placing models 4 meters up is very important, could you explain what is a purpose of it?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Serkanner

There isn't anything I can add in superlatives that hasn't already been expressed. I will just give one very large thumbs up.

:thumbsup:

FrankU

Everything I disliked about the plopable water is being solved by your new water. Thanks, you should be able to guess what I wanted to say... the same as everyone else here. Simply amazing.

Thanks for your link to Gizmo about the plopable flora. I found it.

Glenni

pvarcoe

It certainly is looking great!
A question, is the color (tint) of the water, built into the ploppable water itself,
or does it take attributes from whatever water mod is installed?