• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Little Zane Is Learning

Started by Zane, October 07, 2007, 05:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

I've been trying my best at graphics for a while, but only recently got photoshop. ;) I'll be posting some of my accomplishments, and some of my horrible attempts in this thread. Feel free to comment, and enjoy!

This was my absolute first graphic I made in photoshop. Scipio of www.urbsurbis.com taught me how to create a vista button.

Soon after I tried my luck with an avatar size icon which I might end up using on TPP 4.0. At that point I still didn't know anything about image quality; ignore the fuzz. :thumbsup:

This is probably my best work yet. I made it just the day before yesterday. I plan to put it up as a teaser image on the homepage of my site while we continue working on it.

This is just a little 5 minute work which I cooked up for some future award ceremonies. Who knows if I'll ever use it? :D

My attempt at a glossy icon. I actually like this one quite a bit. ;D

Laughter is an instant vacation, let's see you guys prove it. :P Comments, suggests, criticism, and appreciative comments are all welcome!

JoeST

Very good zane, that icon is pretty snazzy

I am more of a paint kinda guy and I do like a a good vector drawing

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

WoW not bad for just picking up on psp... very good stuff.... Zane keep up the hard work - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

callagrafx

QuoteMy attempt at a glossy icon. I actually like this one quite a bit.

Have a play with the "Plastic Wrap" artistic filter  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Zane

Ooh, thanks for the tip! Much obliged.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e228/zane900/tppsports2.png

I made that today. ()stsfd() I'm still just a beginner, but that doesn't make photoshopping less fun! :)

Edit:

Quote from: callagrafx on October 08, 2007, 12:40:27 AM
Have a play with the "Plastic Wrap" artistic filter  :thumbsup:

I gave that a try. No luck. I tried all sorts of settings, but none really seemed to suit the picture.